The Death Penalty

I am mostly against it. But when I hear about some sick pedafile (sp?)prey on kids I rethink my position.:redhot: :redhot:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
i really don't believe in it per say, but i do believe that the family of the victim(s) should determine that punishment. but i do believe that if a mofo cut up bad enough, CANE his/her arse.

I believe in it! And I think it needs to be expanded to some other criems besides 1st murder.

My only problem with the DP is that it takes too dayum long. Many of the folks that are dying these days ...did their crimes 20+ years ago. What the hell is the wait for. Get it over with...there needs to be like a 2-5 year window from the time of sentence till the time of execution!

To be honest...it's not crucial enough...the person dies...so what. Where's the torture? Torment?

Very good topic DGTM

Personally, I have mixed feelings.

I believe in it sometimes when crimes are committed on children, but then there are times that I feel it's just as bad as what the perpetrator did. Two wrongs don't necessarily make a right. But of course, if one of my family members were victims of such crimes then I'd have totally different feelings.

I like this topic and hearing the opinions of peers

First and foremost, I am against the taking of a human life!!!!

The idea that a civilized society has to resort to state-certified killings is sad. The Constitution forbids cruel and unusual punishment. I would say that lethal injections, firing squads, electric chairs and other death chambers are cruel. This aint the dark ages. There are better ways to punish criminals.

Besides guilty/innocent verdicts are not exact. There very well could be innocent people on death row. With advances in DNA testing and such, evidence may be found which could clear some brotha of a crime he didn't commit. If he's already been executed, that would be blood on somebody's hands.

Statistics also show that our brothers are much more likely to be given a death sentence than others.

p.s.-Trigger Man,
check your p.m.

The death penalty as it is applied is totally pathetic. Like Mighty Hornet stated, many innocent and mostly minorities are getting the death penalty. Whites are 3-5 times less likely to get the death penalty than blacks for the same crimes.

In theory I favor death penalty. I see nothing wrong with laws that allow death as a punishment. I believe that God supports it in the bible.

Mighty Hornet,

There is nothing cruel about lethal injection.

line them up and pull the switch
pump them full of gas
shoot
inject them full of posion
it doesn't matter which way they go as long as they are gone
(eye for and eye)
:uzi: :flamethro

Ther are 5 People from Harrison County on death row and 4 from Forrest County, but 0 from Hinds County, Which is dayum near the murder capitol of the world. Interesting.

Originally posted by Robber
Mighty Hornet,

There is nothing cruel about lethal injection.
rob,
In a lotta ways, I agree with you there. Of the differnt types of execution, I certainly think lethal injection is the most humane. My bigger problem though is the government being in the business of killing.

Originally posted by mighty hornet

rob,
In a lotta ways, I agree with you there. Of the differnt types of execution, I certainly think lethal injection is the most humane. My bigger problem though is the government being in the business of killing.

I figured that's what you meant.

And from reading that article in the Ledger this morning, if the State ain't gone kill those folk, may as well put them in general population and save the extra dough it costs to house them on the row.

Back