The Day After Tomorrow!

Im going to see it this week.

That and Troy look like some great films.
Anyone notice that the worst stuff happens to New York City. :lol:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
BandFan said:
Anyone notice that the worst stuff happens to New York City. :lol:

:lol:

..and Los Angeles!

I'm gonna see this one. Even with the great special effects, this movie touches on a subject pulled directly from today's headlines...and has been an issue in the present adminstration. GLOBAL WARMING.

SU's Finest '93 said:
This movie keeps you on the edge of your seats...and it makes you really think. :nod:
I got to check this movie out! People don't realize this has happen before on Earth some 10,000 years ago. I watch to much DISCOVERY CHANNEL. :hat:

pbla said:
I got to check this movie out! People don't realize this has happen before on Earth some 10,000 years ago. I watch to much DISCOVERY CHANNEL. :hat:
yes, it was called, The Ice Age.

Honestly .............. is it worth tha money? :cool:

Getting tired of paying money to see action in a movie only to get 1 long, muddled social commentary. Most of the time the only action in movies now is in the clips used to promote it.

Honestly .............. is it worth tha money?....... :D, or is it another BIG TICKET yarner like "CONTACT" was a few years ago. :sleep2: :sleep2:

jstate83 said:
Honestly .............. is it worth tha money? :cool:

Getting tired of paying money to see action in a movie only to get 1 long, muddled social commentary. Most of the time the only action in movies now is in the clips used to promote it.

Honestly .............. is it worth tha money?....... :D, or is it another BIG TICKET yarner like "CONTACT" was a few years ago. :sleep2: :sleep2:

It was definitely worth it, to me.

:tup: :tup: Thanks.

I'll give it a try.

I saw the 10 minute clip they showed on TNT after one of the playoff games. Looked good. :nod2:

I didn't like it, I liked the effects but the plot was so-so at best... If I didn't want to see what else they could destroy I would have walked out. :smh:

waiting on Harry Potter

JSU*Toi said:
I didn't like it, I liked the effects but the plot was so-so at best... If I didn't want to see what else they could destroy I would have walked out. :smh:

waiting on Harry Potter

I liked it. I guess I couldn't really see what more of a plot there could be. There was really nothing you could do to stop mother nature and there had to be some kind of hero one way or another. I still don't think I would rank it as the best natural disaster movie though.

It was some of the stupid stuff that was going on... I won't spoil it for some people... but when more people see it. I will tell you the stuff I didn't like.

JSU*Toi said:
It was some of the stupid stuff that was going on... I won't spoil it for some people... but when more people see it. I will tell you the stuff I didn't like.

I think I know what you are talkin about...there was one MAIN dumb thing that went on IMO with some other stupid moves on the side lol. I think I expect those dumb things now and look past them :lol:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
A lot of people did not like it because it could actually happen and/or it was a recreation of the ice age. People hate realism in movies. I actually enjoyed it. The funniest part was when the media reported that the President of the United States forgave all South American debt to allow Americans to enter Mexico.

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
A lot of people did not like it because it could actually happen and/or it was a recreation of the ice age. People hate realism in movies. I actually enjoyed it. The funniest part was when the media reported that the President of the United States forgave all South American debt to allow Americans to enter Mexico.

Yea that cracked me up....most of the audience seemed to miss that comment.

I think the fact that it could happen is what made it all the more interesting. I read alot of articles about scientist that didn't agree with the exageration of the events....but cmon...its a movie not a documentary.

SU's Finest '93 said:
This movie keeps you on the edge of your seats...and it makes you really think. :nod:

Also heard it was prophetic...me and mines will go check it out hopefully next weekend.

Back