The Child Prodigies Going and Graduating College at Young Ages

The Founder

I think it is phenomenal but I also feel they lack having a childhood and being a kid. To me parts and experiences in life are extremely important. I was reading an article about a kid who would graduate from college in the Netherlands in 18-20 months in what is normally a 3 year program. This kid is 9. The parents are taking him out of the college because they wanted him to graduate in December rather than late 2020. The parents received an offer from a college in the U.S. for the kid to earn his doctorate.

My thing is what happens when the kid earns a doctorate at age 13 and gets job?

What memories does he have about the simple things in life?

Your thoughts,....

I think it is phenomenal but I also feel they lack having a childhood and being a kid. To me parts and experiences in life are extremely important. I was reading an article about a kid who would graduate from college in the Netherlands in 18-20 months in what is normally a 3 year program. This kid is 9. The parents are taking him out of the college because they wanted him to graduate in December rather than late 2020. The parents received an offer from a college in the U.S. for the kid to earn his doctorate.

My thing is what happens when the kid earns a doctorate at age 13 and gets job?

What memories does he have about the simple things in life?

Your thoughts,....

I totally agree with you on this. I don't think a 9 year old belong in college I don't give a damn how smart he is. Anyone who has been to college knows there is more to college than just books, exams, and writing papers. (maybe European colleges/universities are different) And another thing, what the fu*k is a 9 year old gonna do with a doctorate?

Look, my thing is, let your kids be kids. We have seen too often where child prodigies, when pushed too fast, too soon, too hard, well, things don't end well. Just my opinion folks.

Back