The boom on tv?

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI

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
AGAIN I SAY I CAN CARELESS WHO WAS ASKED FIRST, SECOND OR THIRD. YOU su PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS STUFF FOR YEARS...THE ONLY REASON GSU WAS PICKED WAS BECAUSE su TURNED IT DOWN. THE ONLY CASE I KNOW THAT TO BE TRUE WAS IN THE CASE OF THE LOUISIANA DEPT OF TOURISM COMMERCIAL. su WAS ORIGINALLY SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE COMMERCIAL BUT DO TO THE SHAME THAT su AND pv BROUGHT ON HBCU'S WITH THE FIGHT THAT WAS BROADCASTED ON EVERY NEWS MEDIUM ACROSS THE WORLD, THEY OPTED TO USE GRAMBLING.
ASK YOURSELF THIS AND BE TRUTHFUL. WHY IS GRAMBLING ALWAYS THE PICKED TO DO SOMETHING AFTER su. WHY NOT FAMU, JACKSON, BCC, MBC , NSU OR THE OTHER 49 OR SO HBCU MARCHING BANDS. COME ON MAN GET REAL.

I saw the original script. As soon as they asked Doc about it they sent him a copy of the script and they came to one of our practices. They told us all of the bands that were gonna be in the movie (GSU's name was not mentioned), where the movie was gonna be taped at, and the actors that were going to star in the film. Like I said before u can't bullshat me Mach go try that crap with some high school kids.:rolleyes:

Ask yourself........Maybe they have asked one of the 49 other HBCU bands before they asked GSU. Everyone is not as eager to sell there souls as GSU is. I'm in Doc's office all the time when he gets calls about commercials, people wanting band directors, and when stars like Juvi, and Mystical ask to perform with us.

Originally posted by PsychoJag

Ask yourself........Maybe they have asked one of the 49 other HBCU bands before they asked GSU. Everyone is not as eager to sell there souls as GSU is.

:smh: YEAH...RIIIIGHT!!!!! :smh: I WOULD EXPECT MO-BETTA LOGIC FROM YOU. GET EXPOSURE FOR THE UNIVERSITY, AND BAND AND ALSO GET FUNDS FOR THE PROGRAM. THAT IS THE MOST STUPIDEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD YOU TYPE. SO WHAT DO YOU CALL PERFORMING FOR THE SENIOR BOWL, THE CELEBRITY FOOTBALL GAME ON MTV & THE MOTOWN 702 CONTEST....... CAN YOU BE REAL FOR JUST ONCE??????

:smh: YEAH...RIIIIGHT!!!!! :smh: I WOULD EXPECT MO-BETTA LOGIC FROM YOU. GET EXPOSURE FOR THE UNIVERSITY, AND BAND AND ALSO GET FUNDS FOR THE PROGRAM. THAT IS THE MOST STUPIDEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD YOU TYPE. SO WHAT DO YOU CALL PERFORMING FOR THE SENIOR BOWL, THE CELEBRITY FOOTBALL GAME ON MTV & THE MOTOWN 702 CONTEST....... CAN YOU BE REAL FOR JUST ONCE??????

Please shut up. Ya'll did a tampon commercial that made ya'll the laughing stock of HBCU's. Ya'll will take anything ya'll can get.

Doc didn't do the movie because for 1 it didn't represent what he felt our band is about!!! 30 seconds of a daymn dance routine???? That's STUPID!!! If we were to be in it they could have at least tape the whole show instead of 30 seconds of a stupid dance routine. Some things are worth more than money. Doc knew and FAMU's band director knew that SU and FAMU are better than 30 seconds of nothing. The Motown 702 we did a show that we knew we would win performing, MTV they showed us performing for longer than 30 seconds (Not to mention the stands), and the Senior Bowl we get many praises for. If u notice those performances are longer than 30 seconds. We got the same amount of money for the 702 contest that they gave ya'll for the movie. And how much did Drumline gross??? U do the math.

Psycho Jag how many commercials have you been in and how many movies have you been in. And then come to me. Oh the Ignaguration too cant forget about that.

Originally posted by World Famed
Psycho Jag how many commercials have you been in and how many movies have you been in. And then come to me. Oh the Ignaguration too cant forget about that.

When u can spell inauguration then let me know. I see what they are teaching u at GSU. I don't blame u I blame your parents.

When GSU gets one piece of the respect it once had back in the 70's then come talk to me.

When GSU stops living off of Eddie Robinson then let me know

When GSU stops getting calls after everyone else then let me know.

Think about this what good is a band if behind the commercials ya'll sound like a big high school??? Maybe that's why they don't let ya'll play in the commercials. When u think of GSU u think Eddie Robinson. Stop riding his coat tail and become a real band.

MTV they showed us performing for longer than 30 seconds (Not to mention the stands), and the Senior Bowl we get many praises for. If u notice those performances are longer than 30 seconds. We got the same amount of money for the 702 contest that they gave ya'll for the movie. And how much did Drumline gross??? U do the math.

PLEASE DON'T MENTION THE MTV PERFORMANCE :lmao: :retard: OMG!!!!!

FOR THE MOVIE DRUMLINE EACH BAND MEMBER FROM EACH BAND GOT PAID FOR PERFORMING AND THE BAND PROGRAM ALSO RECEIVED SOME MONEY......YOU DO THE MATH. WHO WILL REMEMBER THE 702 CONTEST AFTER MARCH...(congrats on that)BUT I'M SURE YOU WILL GET THE DRUMLINE DVD WHEN IT COMES OUT IN APRIL.

LET ME SAY AGAIN....I CAN CARE LESS WHO WAS CHOSEN FIRST, SECOND OR THIRD DO YOU THINK THE GENERAL PUBLIC CARES???

Think about this what good is a band if behind the commercials ya'll sound like a big high school??? Maybe that's why they don't let ya'll play in the commercials.

AREN'T YOU SUPPOSED TO BE THE SMART ONE???:idea:

PLEASE DON'T MENTION THE MTV PERFORMANCE :lmao: :retard: OMG!!!!!

FOR THE MOVIE DRUMLINE EACH BAND MEMBER FROM EACH BAND GOT PAID FOR PERFORMING AND THE BAND PROGRAM ALSO RECEIVED SOME MONEY......YOU DO THE MATH. WHO WILL REMEMBER THE 702 CONTEST AFTER MARCH...(congrats on that)BUT I'M SURE YOU WILL GET THE DRUMLINE DVD WHEN IT COMES OUT IN APRIL.

LET ME SAY AGAIN....I CAN CARE LESS WHO WAS CHOSEN FIRST, SECOND OR THIRD DO YOU THINK THE GENERAL PUBLIC CARES???

Yes I will support anything dealing with HBCU marching bands. It's sad that the 2 stars of the movie said that we were the band that should have been in the movie. Doc gave us (the band members the choice) and we don't have any regrets.

By the way the general public does care. When the movie was over people in the theater was chanting S...U...SSSSSSU.

AREN'T YOU SUPPOSED TO BE THE SMART ONE???:idea:

Yes I am. Ya'll should get a smart band director who can tell the difference between a Bb concert scale and a little Flip tune.:shame:

Yes I am. Ya'll should get a smart band director who can tell the difference between a Bb concert scale and a little Flip tune.:shame:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Purpose of This Thread

And the purpose of this thread was what again? Not to talk about "World Famed" or SU, or who was to be in Drumline for that matter. It was, I thought to talk about The Boom's performance of the Image Awards.

Congrats to my band, The Sonic Boom of the South for a performance well done!! It was a long time coming...but you got back to Cali! Congrats again, excellent performance.

:angel2: Just A Female's Perspective

Think about this what good is a band if behind the commercials ya'll sound like a big high school??? Maybe that's why they don't let ya'll play in the commercials. When u think of GSU u think Eddie Robinson. Stop riding his coat tail and become a real band.

The entire SWAC is riding the coat tails of Eddie Robinson...try again. Do you even know how the production of a commercial or similar activities are done??? Don't answer that..it is obvious that you don't.

Back