The boom on tv?

Originally posted by Quietstorm
why are they performing ? what's the occasion?

They performed at the NAACP Image Awards show, which aired last Thursday on Fox.
They did a great job!!
Tuesday night was the first time I had a chance to see it (on tape).

I would love to see more of PVAM's Marching Storm and the Ocean of Soul from Texas Southern. Has either ever played in the Circle City Classic? That would be great exposure for these two schools and their marching units.

Yeah, I'd like to see PV again too.
Hadn't seen them since 95 and thought they were a very good band!

Come on JSU was nice on TV but ay tell the truth on how you got to go. Tell the side that you know everyone wants to hear. You know the part that GSU was originally suppose to go but we didn't go. We didn't send in an audtion tape the just respected us enough that they invited us. So Jackson be real tell the truth.

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI

IT WAS MENTIONED IN MY EARLIER POST THAT GSU RECIEVED A CALL FROM THE IMAGE AWARDS PEOPLE. GRAMBLING DIDN'T GO, JACKSON DID. THE JACKSON PEOPLE MAY NOT KNOW THAT GRAMBLING WAS INVITED. JSU OBVIOUSLY AGREE TO THE TERMS THAT THE IMAGE AWARD PEOPLE WERE OFFERING. FROM WHAT I HEAR JSU DID A GOOD JOB AS I THINK GRAMBLING WOULD HAVE DONE IF THEY WOULD HAVE GONE. THERE WAS A SPECIFIC REASON WHY GRAMBLING DIDN'T GO TO CALIFORNIA. AGAIN CONGRATS TO JSU. I WISH SOMEONE WOULD SEND ME A COPY OF THE PERFORMANCE.

Originally posted by World Famed
Come on JSU was nice on TV but ay tell the truth on how you got to go. Tell the side that you know everyone wants to hear. You know the part that GSU was originally suppose to go but we didn't go. We didn't send in an audtion tape the just respected us enough that they invited us. So Jackson be real tell the truth.

You just made up a got da m n lie that quick, :kaioken:

I know that I don't have an interest personally in this conversation, but, err...uhhhh......

World Famed, wasn't that the same way you got into Drumline? Just curious.

WHAT LIE WOULD THAT BE???

It really was...but see, "Drumline" asked not only Jackson but also Southern to perform before they asked Grumble...Carry On..

Yeah but actually they only asked FAMU and SU before they asked us. We already admitted that but yall didn't admit anything.

What does it matter. JSU did a hell of a job so lets just congradulate them on that and move on!!! Crabs in a barrel I tell ya.

Thank you Psycho Jag....A voice of reason.

I didn't get to see the performance, but from the reaction that I have seen, they must have done a hell of a job. Congrats to the Boom.

Originally posted by Nonchalant

It really was...but see, "Drumline" asked not only Jackson but also Southern to perform before they asked Grumble...Carry On..

THIS IS NOT TRUE. THIS STORY HAS ALREADY BEEN TOLD.

DON'T BE A FOLLOWER ALL YOUR LIFE.

THE MOVIE SCRIPT ORIGINALLY CALLED FOR 4 BANDS TO BE IN DRUMLINE "BIG SOUTHERN CLASSIC" BATTLE: GRAMBLING, FAMU, SU AND ATLANTA A&T. I CAN CARELESS WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN IT AND WHY THEY CHOSE NOT OT BE IN IT. I DO KNOW THAT JSU WAS ONE OF THE BAND CONSIDERED WHEN THE OTHER TWO....BACKED OUT. MBC & CAU WERE NOT PART OF THE ORIGINAL SCRIPT THEY WERE ADDED LATER. I DO KNOW THAT IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STUDENTS...AND THAT IS THE SAD PART. GSU, MBC, CAU & BCC AND THE MEMBERS OF A&T DID A GREAT JOB. IT IS A GREAT MEMORY THAT CAN LOOK BACK ON.
BUT WHAT DO I KNOW...I ONLY ASKED THE WRITERS AND PRODUCERS OF THE MOVIE. PLEASE READ MY PREVIOUS POSTS.

DON'T BE A FOLLOWER ALL YOUR LIFE.

THE MOVIE SCRIPT ORIGINALLY CALLED FOR 4 BANDS TO BE IN DRUMLINE "BIG SOUTHERN CLASSIC" BATTLE: GRAMBLING, FAMU, SU AND ATLANTA A&T. I CAN CARELESS WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN IT AND WHY THEY CHOSE NOT OT BE IN IT. I DO KNOW THAT JSU WAS ONE OF THE BAND CONSIDERED WHEN THE OTHER TWO....BACKED OUT. MBC & CAU WERE NOT PART OF THE ORIGINAL SCRIPT THEY WERE ADDED LATER. I DO KNOW THAT IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STUDENTS...AND THAT IS THE SAD PART. GSU, MBC, CAU & BCC AND THE MEMBERS OF A&T DID A GREAT JOB. IT IS A GREAT MEMORY THAT CAN LOOK BACK ON.
BUT WHAT DO I KNOW...I ONLY ASKED THE WRITERS AND PRODUCERS OF THE MOVIE. PLEASE READ MY PREVIOUS POSTS.

That is a lat out lie because GSU's band director said in an article that they stepped in when we (SU) backed out. I saw the script playa so can pull that bullshat with me. Dr. Issac Greggs showed the band the script.

Who am I following?? Don't be a dumb-arse all of yours.

Congratulations to all that were in the movie (feels like I said that before somewhere...I don't know..)... How is asking you to tell the story being a follower. Now quit trying to be Capt. Savaho for the comments that Grampax band members make. The whole point of this thread was the Boom being on TV. Ya G-Spoon people turned this into a GSU should have done this deal. So I asked the question based on what I heard. And what I had heard about Drumline was eerily similar to what you posted about the Awards. So I asked. Isn't that what you are supposed to do when you want clarification? That is the first time that I have heard your version of that story.

So you can can the crap.

Originally posted by PsychoJag

That is a lat out lie because GSU's band director said in an article that they stepped in when we (SU) backed out. I saw the script playa so can pull that bullshat with me. Dr. Issac Greggs showed the band the script.

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
AGAIN I SAY I CAN CARELESS WHO WAS ASKED FIRST, SECOND OR THIRD. YOU su PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS STUFF FOR YEARS...THE ONLY REASON GSU WAS PICKED WAS BECAUSE su TURNED IT DOWN. THE ONLY CASE I KNOW THAT TO BE TRUE WAS IN THE CASE OF THE LOUISIANA DEPT OF TOURISM COMMERCIAL. su WAS ORIGINALLY SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE COMMERCIAL BUT DO TO THE SHAME THAT su AND pv BROUGHT ON HBCU'S WITH THE FIGHT THAT WAS BROADCASTED ON EVERY NEWS MEDIUM ACROSS THE WORLD, THEY OPTED TO USE GRAMBLING.
ASK YOURSELF THIS AND BE TRUTHFUL. WHY IS GRAMBLING ALWAYS THE PICKED TO DO SOMETHING AFTER su. WHY NOT FAMU, JACKSON, BCC, MBC , NSU OR THE OTHER 49 OR SO HBCU MARCHING BANDS. COME ON MAN GET REAL.

Originally posted by s phi s

The whole point of this thread was the Boom being on TV. Ya G-Spoon people turned this into a GSU should have done this deal.

R.I.F.!!!!

IT WAS MENTIONED IN MY EARLIER POST THAT GSU RECIEVED A CALL FROM THE IMAGE AWARDS PEOPLE. GRAMBLING DIDN'T GO, JACKSON DID. THE JACKSON PEOPLE MAY NOT KNOW THAT GRAMBLING WAS INVITED. JSU OBVIOUSLY AGREE TO THE TERMS THAT THE IMAGE AWARD PEOPLE WERE OFFERING. FROM WHAT I HEAR JSU DID A GOOD JOB AS I THINK GRAMBLING WOULD HAVE DONE IF THEY WOULD HAVE GONE. THERE WAS A SPECIFIC REASON WHY GRAMBLING DIDN'T GO TO CALIFORNIA. AGAIN CONGRATS TO JSU. I WISH SOMEONE WOULD SEND ME A COPY OF THE PERFORMANCE.

Back