"The Apprentice"

mighty hornet said:

as for Omarosa, she's a live one! :smh:
I was waiting to see something about where the producers put her up to lying, in order to see how the brotha would handle it. But after Trump called her out for lying at the end, it seems that she did that stuff all on her own. Talk about being caught redhanded on national tv. :smh:

I was waiting to hear that she was the "mole" and was told to act like that. So far I have never heard it.

When she was on the talk shows last month, I had some trouble believing everything she said. Now, I have more trouble believing it.

Also, Omarosa is also from another HBCU, Central State in Ohio. IMHO she did those schools (Howard and Central State) no favors in the way she represented. But those schools have survived before her and will do so after her. As far as I am concerned, she acted too much like a diva during the preparation for the concert. She did not help Kwame or herself. Then again maybe she did help herself. Hollywood may come calling.

Yes, Kwame was too laid back. But what I like about him is that he has coolness under pressure that is needed. He did a very good job in managing things at the concert. His problem was Omarosa and dealing with her. At my job one will get that pressure to finish a lot of things in a little amount of time. But one could use Kwame's attitude. But sometimes one needs to kick someone's behind.

Don't worry about Kwame. He will be all right. He showed that he is high quality and is made of the right stuff.

I am not shocked that Kwame is not the new Trump Apprentice. I never expected to see his brown face as "The Winner". I belived in his ability and his talent. I just know who was voting, and I never felt he'd win because of who he is....but he did well and will do well.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
jag4life said:
I doubt that. Either way there would have been problems for each of them.
The problems were staged, set up, manufactured, fake. They were desinged to see how each could react.
*I am sure Jessica Simpson was really lost.
*The banners/signage was really almost accidentally thrown away.
*Omarosa just happened to disappears with Jessica Simpson just as Trump was arriving.
* The gift bags all being brought to Bills office.

The only thing that was probably not scripted was the freeze delay that the golf tourney.

I wish the brother well. I hope you all really didn't expect them to pick the brother. Maybe you all see something I don't see in corporate America.

BandFan said:
Omarosa cost Kwame the job. Kwame is not a micro manager, he is more laid back and lets employee do their job. Bill wants to know what's going on at all times.

Kwame aint done yet. He has a promising future ahead of him and he will go far.

Now Omarosa.... :splat: BIT@H, I hope you dont find another job that does consist of saying "paper or Plastic". If I was KWAME, I would have fired your AZZ the first FuKup. Kwame was looking at the brown skin and not thinking about the Green Paper. Aint this chick a graduate of Howard University too???? She has embarrassed the L out of HU. Im glad Donald shut her azz up. "You didnt want to work and you Lied, you have too many EXCUSES". I would have ended it with B IOOOOO TCH!!!!! . I hope Kwame didnt shake that hoe hand. Bill wasnt the best, but he didnt fuk up like Kwame did. I bet ya Bill would have fired that broad.

Ditto. But I will say, Kwame said that he didn't know he could fire her because he would have if he had known.

Omarosa....I can't see anyone hiring this chick. She has no credibility, is job hungry and to top it all off....she's Black. I'm sure the white folks are saying "typical black woman in corporate america." I just don't understand why she'd muck it all up for him like she did---incommunicado; lying and what the hell was she doing trying on all those hats in Jessica Simpson's room? Even Jessica seemed to want to know what's up...and you know she's already dinky...so Omarosa was WAY out of line.

All I can say....Payback is a mother!

chocalate_topaz said:
Omarosa....I can't see anyone hiring this chick. She has no credibility, is job hungry and to top it all off....she's Black.
Girl, Omarosa's about to become an actress. Watch & see...

MACHIAVELLI said:
The problems were staged, set up, manufactured, fake. They were desinged to see how each could react.
*I am sure Jessica Simpson was really lost.
This one I believe. That chick is as smart as a rock.

MACHIAVELLI said:
I am still convinced that Omarosa was a plant. Can anyone be that unprofessional all the time. This was a show that was scripted, let's not forget that. Omarosa is a draw, you saw the promos for next falls show they used her and some of the former cast members (the more popular ones) as teasers.

Co-sign....It's hard to believe that Omarosa's lies and screw ups weren't intentional on somebody's part. I mean taking Jessica from the meet & greet area--- knowing Trump and Kwame are coming there any minute, to the suite and then leaving you radio in a bag to frolic around the room and ignore the repeated calls? She had to know somebody would've been trying to contact her. It seems like she's decided to let the producers pimp her into being the "b&%$# America loves to hate but will tune in to watch" So Sam, Omarosa and the country dude are draws and I bet in someway 1 of the 3, maybe all will be back next season. If you were listening closely, Trump let it slip in the promo.
she still fine tho' :ebrow:

I believe that Kwama chances to win were as good as Bill's when the final two were picked. I saw the episode on Oprah last Thursday when Omorosa and others were guests. Quite frankly, I was shocked when Kwama chose her. It's one thing for her to be the only one left and he had no choice, but that wasn't the case.

It would be great if the challenges were staged because in a real life crisis issue integrity in business dealings can be the difference in winning of losing a multimillion dollar business deal. The the episode last week, Omorosa proved early on to b lacking in that critical area.

I don't have a problem with Kwame's "laid back" personality. The brother is sharp, and it's great that he can manage without stressing out, demanding, or micro managing. However, I believed when he did not challenge Omorosa when she first dropped the ball and lied about it, that that would spell doom to his chances of winning. I questioned in the my earlier post if Kwame could have fired her, and apparently he could have. I think that could have been enough for him to win if he would have taken those measures on the spot, and trying as it could have been worked harder with the remaining team.

I believe that Kwame got excellent exposure and will become a huge success. I can almost guarantee he will react differently with personnel issues that will have an impact on the success of future business decisions.

LMBH said:
I questioned in the my earlier post if Kwame could have fired her, and apparently he could have. QUOTE]

There's the rub........Trump never said in the instructions after Bill and Kwame selected their "employees" that they could fire any of them if necessary. But Kwame will do fine.
.and O is still fine :ebrow:

Kwame had a "Ivy League" attitude about him .... conservative.

Let Omorosa lie and cheat on one these HARD SWAC BROTHERS and mess up their chance at $250k. All hell would have broken out on camera. Damm the contest at that point. :lmao:

Read This Too

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4694607/

Omarosa really wasn't a mole........

Donald Trump seems to have made his decision based on how both men managed their employees. It was his mishandling of Manigault-Stallworth that was Jackson?s downfall. Had he berated her after one of her many mistakes, or fired her when she flat-out lied about handling Jessica Simpson?s transportation, then Jackson might have stood a chance. But he did not even recognize the saboteur that Manigault-Stallworth turned out to be.

And despite audience speculation ? Manigault-Stallworth was not a brilliant mole. She was just a really bad employee.

After, watching the show for the first time, I am looking for my copy of the "White Male Club" somewhere in the house, so I can share it with all of you who have not read it. When Trumph brought Bill and Kwame into the board room, if he had read the book he would have said the right thing. Bill said what he was suppose to say, that I am better than Kwame and Kwame would not say it. The lady said he was too bookish which means education will not get it for you. Kwame reminded me of John Jett in ability, but John Jett said I learned Wall Street and I am the smartest guy doing this job. The Judge socked it to after that comment. LOL

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Under the circumstances Kwame did not have the time to fire the B@TCH!!!!!! Not right in the middle of an assignment. I thougt it was an accomplishment that he completed the task under those circumstances. I thought that would have been a plus. I don't care what anyone says, Omarosa made professional sisters look bad. And to top it off, she left the the brother hanging after he gave her a second chance. Bogus. That makes us look very untrustworthy. And you can't tell me that her dress at times was inappropriate.

Ok, ok, I know I'm late adding to this thread, but I've been out of town. Well, as everyone else said, I'm not worried about Kwame. Though he might be a little laid back, he's good and people like working with him. We all know that as employees we will do more work for those folks who are geniunely good people, who are also concerned about our well-being. He's just not cutthroat, which was his down fall. But you don't have to be cut throat to succeed.

Besides, Trump has a lot of respect for Kwame and that speaks volumes. Kwame is set. And I was suprised, but there were quite a few non-black folks who wanted Kwame to win. I wouldn't be surprised if you see Kwame modeling in GQ or J. Crew or Gap. He has that kind of face...attractive, but not too ordinary. Very approachable.

Is it just me or does it seem like the Chicago job will be a lot harder than the LA golf resort job?

When Trump asked Om-a-witch why she lied, I thought then it wasn't scripted. However, I agree with Fab5 that she was probably being pimped by the producers. I hope she doesn't think that by working against Kwame to bring in higher ratings that she's going to get any props. Apparently she's working on a book. Ha! I still can't believe she's married.

Why do all of the *itches and hoochies get all the men?? :redhot:

Jag-Tig said:
I still can't believe she's married.

Why do all of the *itches and hoochies get all the men?? :redhot:

The woman ain't ugly even though she ain't SH@T!!!! Some MALES (not men) will tolerate a woman just becasue she has a body. But remember that can only help you tolerate a woman for so long. Eventually somethings got to give. When it gets to that point, its not pretty. :kaioken: :saw: :flamethro

http://www.suntimes.com/output/mitchell/cst-nws-mitch13.html

Show finds black woman who feeds the stereotypes

April 13, 2004

BY MARY MITCHELL SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST

If Omarosa hasn't already earned the reputation of being a, well, a you know what, she certainly did last week. For those who missed last week's next to grand finale (the two-hour finale airs live Thursday at 8 p.m. on NBC-5), only two apprentices are left:

Kwame Jackson, the self-assured black man with the Harvard MBA, made the cut, along with Bill Rancic, the Orland Park entrepreneur who founded a hugely profitable online cigar company. One of these men will land a $250,000-a-year position running a Trump enterprise.

The 15-episode "reality TV" program created real life tensions found in a competitive work environment. But for most of those episodes, "The Apprentice" also aired segments that brought into our home some of the most ugly stereotypes about black professional women.

Frankly, it's hard to believe that producers just happened to pluck out a black woman who embodied all the negative character traits that Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth has displayed over the course of the show.

Viewers may forget the personalities of some of the other contestants (OK, no one will forget Sam), but most people are sure to remember Omarosa. Let's start with her plunging neckline. And she was usually the only woman in the boardroom wearing a skirt that barely covered the essentials.

I'm no fashion diva. But I consulted with my 25-year-old daughter, and she also thought Omarosa's outfits were too sensual for the workplace.

So the question is why?

Back