majiksity

King/Queen Maker
The Alliance of American Football announced the signings of its first 100 players on Monday, and 15 are coming to the Birmingham franchise.

The AAF is an eight-team football league that plans to begin play in February.

Birmingham's initial group of players includes wide receiver Chris Black and running back Marquell Beckwith.

Black played three seasons at Alabama before transferring to Missouri for his senior season. A former Lee-Montgomery prep standout, Beckwith played at Troy and Alabama State.

Also joining Birmingham are defensive end Nelson Adams, defensive tackle Josh Boyd, linebacker Beniquez Brown, running back Marshaun Coprich, center Aaron Cox, quarterback John Gibbs, running back Ty Isaac, linebacker Shane Johnson, guard Sam Lee, kicker Nick Novak, defensive end Dante Sawyer, defensive end Nick Seither and guard Garrison Wright.

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/08/birminghams_alliance_of_americ.html

ARIZONA Davon Jones LB (Mississippi Valley State)
ATLANTA Vincent Hunter T (Jackson State)
MEMPHIS Brandon Maiden DB (Jackson State)
MEMPHIS Trevin Wallace T (Mississippi Valley State)
ORLANDO Daniel Williams WR (Jackson State)
SALT LAKE Sean Brown T (Mississippi Valley State)
SALT LAKE Aaron Tiller LB (Southern U.)
SAN DIEGO Jevon Floyd WR (Jackson State)

SAN DIEGO Jerron Searles G (Delaware State)
SAN DIEGO Justin Williams DB (Hampton)

https://www.oursportscentral.com/se...ed-over-500-players-for-2019-season/n-5405286

They will receive 3 year (non-guaranteed) 250K contract which will allow them to go to the NFL if they get called up

https://sports.yahoo.com/alliance-american-football-releases-salary-details-183954511.html

Glad to see Willie Quinn getting another shot in pro football in Orlando (will be on CBS on their opening night)

Quite a few players on their opening day rosters from SWAC schools (Southern, JSU, Valley, Alabama State)

Quinn didn't make the final cuts for the Orlando team
Neither did Brown for the Salt Lake Team

But the Memphis roster has plenty of Tennessee State players plus a player from JSU and Bama State made the final cuts

Whatever happened to "ar"Tillery and one of the greatest OLs that ever came through the SWAC?

I wish the XFL would’ve joined forces this league added more teams and made this a really big deal. The structure is there and it seems like this League is well raned. I like the fact that they have their own rules which is good. Overall last night was a fun night for the league. College players have a legit shot now

I have watched at least 3 games so far and yet to see a black quarterback. Do any of the teams have a black quarterback?

I have watched at least 3 games so far and yet to see a black quarterback. Do any of the teams have a black quarterback?

Blake Sims plays for Birmingham and BJ Daniels plays for Salt Lake (neither are starters. Sims was inactive yesterday)

I was able to catch one game on youtube (Memphis vs. Birmingham). It was a game where Memphis came back and won in the last minute. If they had just held on for another week or two, I could have personally made it to one of their games. I think that was the feeling among the peeps I know. It was just starting to catch on....oh well--> Another Pro Football League Bites the Dust...!!!!

Back