The 90's FreakNik Atlanta Story (NSFW)

Freaknik was my generation (90-94/95). Trying to explain it to the students that I presently work with brings to mind the scene in "The Force Awakens" when Han Solo tells Fin & Rey, "It's was true! All of it!" LOL!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I went in 1995...... ..I lived in ATL for the 96 and 97 (the final) freakniks. I heard the 94 was legendary. lol

Just watched the video. The memories bring tears to my eyes.

The day 559 burned down was one of the saddest days in my life.

A&M hit Freaknik hard !

Has anyone been to both the Kappa Beach and Freaknik, if so which was better?

I never did Kappa Beach but I did Kappa Luau at FAMU and Orange Crush in Savannah.. I was a wild boy back at Georgia Tech. lol I just called it study breaks...

Has anyone been to both the Kappa Beach and Freaknik, if so which was better?
No comparison, FreakNik before the last 2 maybe 3 years by far. The environment was unexplainable.

Kappa beach always had a kind of seedy ratchet feel to it. I fully understood why the people of Galveston wanted it stopped.

Man, my first visit resulted in me n my boys hitting up Blue Flame time we hit Atl. We had paged a partner of ours n while waiting at the pay phone for the return call we found out where the Blue Flame was located. Went there before we went anywhere else, even our room. The entire trip was on after that.

The Flame was the spot back then. Lol

Man, my first visit resulted in me n my boys hitting up Blue Flame time we hit Atl. We had paged a partner of ours n while waiting at the pay phone for the return call we found out where the Blue Flame was located. Went there before we went anywhere else, even our room. The entire trip was on after that.

The funny thing about Freaknik in 94 when I went was that my boys all left me.. LOL
They rolled out on Thursday and I couldn't go. I begged them to wait til after my lab but noooooooooo, they rolled out like 4-5 cars deep and left my azz. I couldn't go cause I had missed lab two weeks in a row already for something (excused absences Im sure) but I wasn't comfortable with missing another one.
So I rolled there with a car full of chicks.. LOL
There were no cell phones then, so I had no way to find my boys BUT .. long story short, I met up with 3-4 dudes from Southern and we had a ball! They were cool.. even let me and my crew come stay with them for the SU-JSU game the next year.. i didn't know I was supposed to hate SU back then... Well they invited me and one of my boys but I invited some more of my boys over to stay after the club.. #niggashit.. LOL

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
When these girls made these videos, Im sure they never thought 20 years later, the internet would have them broadcast all over the world. Did we even know about the internet in 1994? lol

I watched the whole video w a smirk... ahhhhh the memories! lol

Back