The 8th Annual Independence Showdown Battle of the Bands

bernard

THEE Realist
Metro PCS presents the 8th Annual Independence Showdown at the Mississippi Coliseum in Jackson, MS on June 30th! Gates open at 4 PM. The best bands from Louisiana, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Michigan, Tennessee, and Mississippi will be there. Don't miss out on the nations best summertime event. $20 General Admission and $30 VIP Experience, Get your TICKETS NOW! Great food, atmosphere, and family fun!

image003.jpg

Metro PCS presents the 8th Annual Independence Showdown at the Mississippi Coliseum in Jackson, MS on June 30th! Gates open at 4 PM. The best bands from Louisiana, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Michigan, Tennessee, and Mississippi will be there. Don't miss out on the nations best summertime event. $20 General Admission and $30 VIP Experience, Get your TICKETS NOW! Great food, atmosphere, and family fun!

image003.jpg

This event has really grown through the years.

This event has really grown through the years.

How does this event work? Since school is out, are these all-star bands, or actual university bands? In other words, will HBCU bands be there or some combination of musicians who have joined together on the basis of location to go and compete? I'm curious, because the only way I would travel from Louisiana to Mississippi to participate is if the Human Jukebox was making an appearance.

How does this event work? Since school is out, are these all-star bands, or actual university bands? In other words, will HBCU bands be there or some combination of musicians who have joined together on the basis of location to go and compete? I'm curious, because the only way I would travel from Louisiana to Mississippi to participate is if the Human Jukebox was making an appearance.
These are all-star bands usually comprised of high school, college, and alumni musicians from the various areas.

image003.jpg

Very interested to see that Michigan band.

Back