The 51 best HBCU players in NFL history

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
For a very long time, most major college football programs wanted nothing to do with Black players. While UCLA did boast the backfield of Kenny Washington, Woody Strode, and Jackie Robinson (yes, that Jackie Robinson) in the late 1930s, that was the exception.

But before that, in the absence of opportunity at those major programs, Black players in the South found different ways to succeed. The Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) that had been playing football since the late 19th century and were able to bring in some of the greatest football talent ever seen.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
There should be some recognition for Howard Ballard #75 Buffalo Bills who protected Jim Kelly during all those successful years going to AFC championships & Super Bowls. If there is ever a 100 list he has to be selected.

JSU, SU, Grambling St, MVSU, ... regional SWAC had powerhouse "star" talent at that time. Integration and the old swc "assimilation" hadn't gotten Louisiana and Mississippi too much back then.

Hence why I stay proud of SWAC schools in those two states because pride in their own and not desiring Dwight's ice kept them w/ talent far past the period of "assimilation." texas negroes went bat shit crazy when smu, baylor, and ut-austin came lying to their sorry colored asses. And then former coaches at PVAMU during its last championship runs - plural - became recruiters of coloreds for them and they sold their funky assed colored soul to dwight the devil for some Becky head game and cola. I always wanted to meet those PV coloreds. :-/

JSU, SU, Grambling St, MVSU, ... regional SWAC had powerhouse "star" talent at that time. Integration and the old swc "assimilation" hadn't gotten Louisiana and Mississippi too much back then.

Hence why I stay proud of SWAC schools in those two states because pride in their own and not desiring Dwight's ice kept them w/ talent far past the period of "assimilation." texas negroes went bat shit crazy when smu, baylor, and ut-austin came lying to their sorry colored asses. And then former coaches at PVAMU during its last championship runs - plural - became recruiters of coloreds for them and they sold their funky assed colored soul to dwight the devil for some Becky head game and cola. I always wanted to meet those PV coloreds. :-/

OH MY!!!!!!!! LOL!!!

Back