The 2018 HBCU Sports Midseason Top 15 Band Poll

If it truly is. It is based on dance routine only. Certainly not on down field drills.

I would hope dance routine is not basis only? Most band are only doing step two drills, nothing out the ordinary these days anyway. Especially in the SWAC. If a bands dance routine is not entertaining the crowd thats their fault because halftime is supposed to be entertaining.

So this is "fake news" when southern ain't at the top. Got it JR lol

Now you know some of those bands aint drilling a lick LuvTheBoom. It's all good. You also know damn well SU aint looking any different on the field than last year or the year before. Actually Taylor has done some newer drills. Isn't that the argument normally on here. SU never changes drills? Lord knows if they do the Circle Drill this year, they will fall straight out the top 10. LOL.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I would hope dance routine is not basis only? Most band are only doing step two drills, nothing out the ordinary these days anyway. Especially in the SWAC.

That's my point Frat. By the way. Grambling does look much better this year from what I can see. Energy in their shows.

That's my point Frat. By the way. Grambling does look much better this year from what I can see. Energy in their shows.

Yeah frat they are working. I think we need to push it up even more in the drilling department there is so much more and i believe Grambling would shock people more if they step outside the box.

Now you know some of those bands aint drilling a lick LuvTheBoom. It's all good. You also know damn well SU aint looking any different on the field than last year or the year before. Actually Taylor has done some newer drills. Isn't that the argument normally on here. SU never changes drills? Lord knows if they do the Circle Drill this year, they will fall straight out the top 10. LOL.

No arguments on drills bro.... ya'll can drill !!!

No arguments on drills bro.... ya'll can drill !!!

Now dance routines are another story. LOL. I aint arguing with nobody over them. LOL. But we have never been a great dance routine band. I hate we went away from damn near putting on a concert in your stadium. That was our deal back in the day. We would have band members that could sing and come turn the house out.

Yeah frat they are working. I think we need to push it up even more in the drilling department there is so much more and i believe Grambling would shock people more if they step outside the box.

Yeah I have been impressed with Gram this Fall. Nobody needs to sleep on them. Sounded good from I saw against TxSU on my Direct TV. LOL. I was like Gram putting work in.

Now dance routines are another story. LOL. I aint arguing with nobody over them. LOL. But we have never been a great dance routine band. I hate we went away from damn near putting on a concert in your stadium. That was our deal back in the day. We would have band members that could sing and come turn the house out.

it's todays music and dances....it looks absolutely ridiculous what these kids are doing today on the dance floor.... old heads be soo lost bro. lol

HERE ARE THE TOP 5 HBCU HALFTIME SHOWS FROM WEEK 7

5. Prairie View A&M (vs. Southern)
Performed at Panther Stadium, Prairie View, Texas

4. Bethune-Cookman (vs. South Carolina State)
Performed at Oliver C. Dawson Stadium, Orangeburg, S.C.

3. Grambling State (vs. Texas Southern)
Performed at BBVA Compass Stadium, Houston, Texas

2. Texas Southern (vs. Grambling State)
Performed at Compass Stadium, Houston, Texas

1. North Carolina A&T (vs. Florida A&M)
Performed at Aggies Stadium, Greensboro, N.C.

* Is there a conspiracy against Southern, they haven't ranked in the Top 5 all season, are they that bad? :(

https://hbcusports.com/2018/10/17/here-are-the-top-5-hbcu-halftime-shows-from-week-7-2/

Yeah I have been impressed with Gram this Fall. Nobody needs to sleep on them. Sounded good from I saw against TxSU on my Direct TV. LOL. I was like Gram putting work in.
I hate saying this, but yall need to bring Liddell out of retirement. He'd put them Jukes back in the mix JSU style.
You want his number JR?:snicker:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I just saw Grambling this past weekend. The only glaring issues that I saw were wrong notes and stamina. They sounded good for the most part they just need to work on stamina and here and there the trumpets, baritones and mellos who were hitting wrong notes. They're arrangements were good except That's on Me. I didn't know what it was till half-way through it. Other than that they were solid. Both Grambling and TXSU are doing things like who they traditionally were and even their look, marching styles, etc were back to their old uniqueness. Both are headed in the right direction and both overall sounded good.

Back