Texas Tech & LSU transfer Giles comes home to TSU

If hbcus DID recruit small East Texas they'd have beasts on their team loyal to get in that cafeteria and rough up your opponents. Band fan I don't think you know (409) area code to Tyler because if you did you'd know even those small schools put out multiple sport athletes all caliber all sizes, too. They don't have anything else to DO. 🤣
And someone said Alabama? 🤔 you don't want that animal west of the Sabine river to be playing Alabama high schools. Your best high schools all level will have parents claiming kids here are juicing if they went up against them. 🤣

I was in East Texas yesterday. I’m well aware of the 409 from Pleasant Grove, Texarkana, Jefferson, Atlanta, Tenaha, Elysian Fields, etc. Henderson, Kilgore, Whitehouse - In

The issue is getting them out as the chicken farms are the fallback plan

Tell the coaches to go there. Well, I know one who has been listening. But if things are going the way I've seen from family this past semester, then the pac 10 and the other big ten schools will be back in the piney woods with scholarships and receipts soon enough.

Question, will TSU bring more fans to Dallas this year when you all play SU? It was kind of embarrassing sitting there looking at TSUs' empty seats. I was sitting on TSUs' side and it was empty.

They trying to sell tickets....

View: https://twitter.com/dorsey1911/status/1156017490926813185?s=20

Because I felt TSU should have had more fans since the game is in Texas. I want this game to survive in Dallas like my GSU team vs PV is doing well.

Not sure if this game will survive. This is the last year of the contract so we will see if they re-up for another 2 years.

This is cool on how we are coming up with ideas to get some of our best high school talent to come to HBCU's!

If you look at the recruit rankings you will see a number of legit small school (3A) players in the top 50 in Texas.
you trying to be technical but you know - if small town ball was legit the SWAC schools would clean up but never have. You would see 1A Southern Lab kids, 3A clinton Kids, 5A Pleasant Grove (7 divisions in Bama) make larger impacts. The towns have "some" talent but not enough to sustain
Clinton 2A

I hope it survives also. Hopefully an improved record and more local players will have a positive influence on our attendance numbers.

Last edited:
Hate to be the #WellActually guy, but Southern Lab isn't a true private school because their students take the exit test and the school participates in the state's accountability program.

Also, there's no such thing as Clinton High School. They merged Clinton and Jackson to create East Feliciana HS. I think Beckwith and Danny Johnson were one of the first classes to go through there completely as EFHS.

UIL Class 3A (225-504) would take in the largest Louisiana Class 1As (256-smaller); all of Class 2A (247-425) and a good chunk of 3A (426-668).

That being said, in my short time outchea I only really saw the more dominant 3As in Texas be from I-35 east to the Louisiana line.

Hate to be the #WellActually guy, but Southern Lab isn't a true private school because their students take the exit test and the school participates in the state's accountability program.

Also, there's no such thing as Clinton High School. They merged Clinton and Jackson to create East Feliciana HS. I think Beckwith and Danny Johnson were one of the first classes to go through there completely as EFHS.

UIL Class 3A (225-504) would take in the largest Louisiana Class 1As (256-smaller); all of Class 2A (247-425) and a good chunk of 3A (426-668).

That being said, in my short time outchea I only really saw the more dominant 3As in Texas be from I-35 east to the Louisiana line.
Danny was younger than Beckwith. Danny was a sophomore Beckwiths senior year.

Danny was younger than Beckwith. Danny was a sophomore Beckwiths senior year.

I know Danny for sure went all four years under EFHS. I think Beckwith started at Clinton before they merged the schools. Correct me if I'm wrong.

When was the last time Texas or Texas Tech or Texas A&M has come close to winning a national title, and with all the resources and five star players they claimed to have from Texas?
Texas football is overrated plain and simple.

Back