Texas Southern vs North Carolina Fri. 3pm TNT

That was a bad loss. I missed most of the game officiating TSU Relays but watched bits and pieces between races.

Did we send the right women's team?

I think we could have done a better job of working the shot clock, but that's not really our game. Grambling may have done a better job, but we beat them 2 out 3 times we played this year.

I think Baylor wanted to make a statement and that's what they did. Unfortunately for Baylor, this game won't help them as they get deeper in this tournament.

I'm not sure how throttling an obvious mismatch makes a statement, but Kim Mulkey was out to prove something.

Baylor was long, athletic and skilled. Grambling was the class of the SWAC in women's basketball this season. They lost in the tournament finals so we got the bid. Our ladies played as well as they could with what we had. Baylor's size was imposing. 6'7" post...6'2" point...wing players who could run the floor like nobody's business. Prince, the Asian girl...all long and lanky. I was not really impressed by their size until I saw them in person.

It's a god awful shame that baylor womens basketball out-recruits both sTu & PV.

A 14/15 y/o who looks just like you and I quickly begins to align herself w/ a recent history in baylor & their coaching staff vs an sTu and PV. Marinate.

Did we send the right women's team?
We beat UTEP by 21, Texas St by 13, won two games at tournament in Puerto Rico, beat HBU by 16, lost to Rice by 3, beat FIU by 8...only team in the SWAC men or women to come into conference play with a winning record. Beat arguably the hottest women's team in the conference for the tournament championship...beat your school twice and the last game we won by 22 so you can miss me with that BS.

There are probably 3 or 4 elite women's teams in the NCAA and (no matter what one may think of Mulkey) Baylor is one of them.

Back