Texas Southern vs North Carolina Fri. 3pm TNT

bluedog

"Leader of Kings"
2017-03-14_19.29.54_zpscdgzckni.jpg

right down the road from me. I know with south carolina, duke, & unc in the same building in greenville tickets are hard to get. would be nice to see the tigers rep the swac well. last time I saw a swac team in the ncaa in person was waaaaay back when jackson state played kansas and paul pierce in memphis. jsu played pretty well that day but kansas was too much for them.

Texas Southern needs to have a hot shooting game and keep it close to the end. If they can stay in the game until the last 2 minutes, anything can happen.
I remember when MVSU almost rolled #1 Duke in the tourney, that day the referees were not going to let that happen.

Texas Southern needs to have a hot shooting game and keep it close to the end. If they can stay in the game until the last 2 minutes, anything can happen.
I remember when MVSU almost rolled #1 Duke in the tourney, that day the referees were not going to let that happen.
You remember when TSU took Arkansas to double over time. Then Arkansas cruised to a National Title after that game?

TSU has poor shot selction..open guys passing the ball away. Jefferson taking too many 3's.

They have to attack the zone, commentator said "TSU has one of the highest number of FT attempts in the NCAA" so by not attacking and missing open shots (not just missing but air balls) maybe they are sked... If attacking and getting to the FT line is what you do, why stop now?

Yeah it went south pretty quickly. I was hoping they could do what we did against Gonzaga and pull it out in the end

Last edited:

Jay Bilas talked about that game, and he played in it.

You remember when TSU took Arkansas to double over time. Then Arkansas cruised to a National Title after that game?

I remember that season, which included a win over Minnesota in Minneapolis, and remember that the leading scorer hurt his ankle in the SWAC championship game.

I hope to see a SWAC program pull off an upset soon. It's all about getting the program with the right mentality and the right match up. I remember a few around here clowned me with SU got ready to face Gonzaga and I pointed out how SU had what they needed to put uo a good fight against the weakest #1 seed of the tournament. Folks wasn't clowning after the a while. Lol.

Good season sTu. I expect the Tigers to have another squad next year. I really hope they put on a good show in NCAA tournament if they make because they are really at the point of their program where winning a SWAC title isn't anything new and might not be the ultimate goal of the coaching staff anymore. After sTu's success in the conference under Davis, the program can easily sell themselves as the kings of the conference and focus on what it takes to ne a post season program.

sTu could easily have their name thrown around with the other smaller schools who are known for making nosie in the first round of the NCAA tourney and going deeper in the NIT, CIT and CBI. We shall see.

We simply were to small. We needed career days shooting the 3 ball. North Carolina 3rd team center would be all SWAC.

Sitting in the second row, the size difference was amazing.

We have to get bigger & p/u a couple of shooters if we want to win a game in the tournament.

Our guys gave it all they had, I am proud of them and glad I went to the game.

We matched up very well with Arkansas size-wise. Whitaker and Baker had size and bulk and could shoot the ball from the perimeter.

Yeah that team had some size and team strength. Big Herbert Baker wasn't on that team, but 6'9 Aaron Wallace, 6'6-6'7 Marion Ray, 6'6-6'7 Corey Brotherton and 6'6 Anthony Jones were. Heck Granger and Adams stood at 63 and Bolden at 6'2. Moreland obviously had a plan.

Those big schools must seek out kids even when they in elementary school. I even see the tremendous size differences with my son's 6th grade team. We played some good teams, but this tournament 2 weeks ago we played a 6th grade team that was 6'1" 6'2" and 6'4" in the paint, it was crazy. we gave em hell though they only got us by 10 LOL

Back