Texas Southern should have hired Kenwick Thompson

Throwback "Que"

I think Alois Blackwell should've hired Kenwick Thompson from San Jose State to led the Football program. It's a shame and a travesty to watch that whatever we might call it out on the football feild. I know it's a new system and it may take a while. I just hope we don't end up like that other school in Texas down Hwy 290 what they did in the 90's (0-96)

if they hired him or Johnnie Cole, I would've been an interested onlooker because they know TSU's dynamics and the ins and outs. Instead, they hired the outsider and see what happens. But what can you say about a school who ignored their own alumni in the process

If either of the two would have been hired we would have gotten the death penalty. The coaches who left for up the street know the real deal as does a certain poster on this board. I do not approve of the method of the hire, however based on all factors Wilson was the best choice.

Based on the talent at the oother Texas school, I am not sure if all of the coach will return. TSU is doing as good or better with less. If the labor day classic took place today we might win. Before the rhetoric starts, TSU played Grambling and MSV better games than PV.

I think certain poster might want Wilson in PV as the D coordinator.

if we played TSU now...we would still win...by even more...remember, we did not score two times on the goal line.

we switched quarterbacks now and our receivers have stepped up...they would give your cornerbacks fits now, especially Wright....and we can run the ball....busted the 100-yard mark twice already with 2 guys and busted it another time with a variety of backs.

you say you all played Valley and GSU better than us...I'll counter that and say we played Alcorn and Alabama State way better than you all...we even scored more than 1 time. You caught Valley with a QB change and GSU called the dogs off after a 28-point 1st half.

most of the guys playing were on last year's team so we are overachieving because last I checked, they were part of the non-scholarship class...if the offseason, your concentating on trying to find players just to win....we'll be plugging in holes just to fine tune.

The d-coordinator now is an extension of Wilson...keep him

East Tex Tiger said:
If either of the two would have been hired we would have gotten the death penalty. The coaches who left for up the street know the real deal as does a certain poster on this board. I do not approve of the method of the hire, however based on all factors Wilson was the best choice.

Based on the talent at the oother Texas school, I am not sure if all of the coach will return. TSU is doing as good or better with less. If the labor day classic took place today we might win. Before the rhetoric starts, TSU played Grambling and MSV better games than PV.

I think certain poster might want Wilson in PV as the D coordinator.
Come on FRAT. The death penalty, don't you think that might be a little harsh. I think Kenwick would've clean some of the mess Bill Thomas created. This would've been his first Head Coaching job and I believe Kenwick would done right by the program. I know Kenwick will be a great Head Coach oneday, I just thought he would've gotten his start where he first started out. You say TSU is playing better than that other school right now, How can you say that? The most points we have scored in a game is 15. Not alot of offensive production.

Throwback "Que" said:
I just hope we don't end up like that other school in Texas down Hwy 290 what they did in the 90's (0-96)

Dude, those are 2 different situations.......That other school (as you called it), dropped football for a year and all scholarships during that whole period. With everything thats gone on over at TSU with the program and losing so many players how would you expect them to compete. They were behind from the day they hired a new coach.

I HONESTLY DON'T THINK THAT IT WOULD HAVE MATTERED EITHER WAY. BY THIS I MEAN THAT TSU HAS REALLY NEVER HAD A STRONG PROGRAM........WE ALL HAVE OUR EXCUSES OR BELIEFS ON WHAT SHOULD BE DONE....NOW, AS FOR THE GRAMBLING GAME YOU NEVER PLAYED US BETTER THAN ANYBODY...... THERE COMES A POINT IN THE GAME THAT YOU CALL OF THE DOGS AND LET THEM REST....... THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED ON LAST SATURDAY NIGHT........ I NOTICED THAT SOME PEOPLE TEND TO LOOK TO DEEP FOR GOODNESS AND END UP JUST SAYING ANYTHING AS SOME OF YOU HAVE DONE....... :saw: YOU BUILD FROM WHAT YOU HAVE AND STOP USING THE EXCUSE WHAT YOU LOST!!!!!!!! A GOOD CAOCH CAN TAKE A TEAM AND MAKE THE BEST OUT OF THEM....... SURELY TSU SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO PULL OFF SOME TYPE OF WIN OUT OF WHAT 11 GAMES......BUT, KEEP YOUR HEAD UP THINGS WILL HOPEFULLY GET BETTER....... IN CLOSING THERE IS NO "WE DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING" :flamethro .......

Fiyah said:
Dude, those are 2 different situations.......That other school (as you called it), dropped football for a year and all scholarships during that whole period. With everything thats gone on over at TSU with the program and losing so many players how would you expect them to compete. They were behind from the day they hired a new coach.

Thanks. That the number was less than 96. OK, it was not good. But let us be a little more accurate.

gramuntildeath said:
I HONESTLY DON'T THINK THAT IT WOULD HAVE MATTERED EITHER WAY. BY THIS I MEAN THAT TSU HAS REALLY NEVER HAD A STRONG PROGRAM........WE ALL HAVE OUR EXCUSES OR BELIEFS ON WHAT SHOULD BE DONE....NOW, AS FOR THE GRAMBLING GAME YOU NEVER PLAYED US BETTER THAN ANYBODY...... THERE COMES A POINT IN THE GAME THAT YOU CALL OF THE DOGS AND LET THEM REST....... THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED ON LAST SATURDAY NIGHT........ I NOTICED THAT SOME PEOPLE TEND TO LOOK TO DEEP FOR GOODNESS AND END UP JUST SAYING ANYTHING AS SOME OF YOU HAVE DONE....... :saw: YOU BUILD FROM WHAT YOU HAVE AND STOP USING THE EXCUSE WHAT YOU LOST!!!!!!!! A GOOD CAOCH CAN TAKE A TEAM AND MAKE THE BEST OUT OF THEM....... SURELY TSU SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO PULL OFF SOME TYPE OF WIN OUT OF WHAT 11 GAMES......BUT, KEEP YOUR HEAD UP THINGS WILL HOPEFULLY GET BETTER....... IN CLOSING THERE IS NO "WE DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING" :flamethro .......

:confused:

The number was 80. You simply cannot compare the two situations. No matter how bad the tsu people think their situation is currently, they always FUNDED their football program. During "The Streak", PV's volunteer team didnt have the same resources. Its almost a shame that tsu didn't use the decade or so when PV was down to effectively establish themselves as a legitimate football program. Its going to be that much harder now that PV is back in the football business.

Apparently I was watching a cdifferent game on Saturday. TSU has no offense, however Grambling had one legitimate drive. If TSU had any offense what so ever, we might have won the game. 34 fumbled a pitch and GRAMBLING scored. Grambling had a long kick off return and scored. TSU beat itself.

There is no way called the Dogs off. Grambling would have beat us 100 to zero if they could have.

the band fan said:
if we played TSU now...we would still win...by even more...remember, we did not score two times on the goal line.

you say you all played Valley and GSU better than us...I'll counter that and say we played Alcorn and Alabama State way better than you all...we even scored more than 1 time. You caught Valley with a QB change and GSU called the dogs off after a 28-point 1st half.

most of the guys playing were on last year's team so we are overachieving because last I checked, they were part of the non-scholarship class...if the offseason, your concentating on trying to find players just to win....we'll be plugging in holes just to fine tune.

The d-coordinator now is an extension of Wilson...keep him
This is not accurate, your lines are mostly transfers. Wright is a transfer. Upper classmen, while most of our players never played or freshman. You are the king of Spin. We owe you, and will be watching.

East Tex Tiger said:
We owe you, and will be watching.

Nah brah! :tdown:

We owe <b>TSU</b> and others in a REAL big way and don't think for a second that we're resting on this little feat that we've accomplished as of late. The WORST thing that could've occurred for TSU was for us to start winning. It'll be that much harder to get a recruit to decide w/ what we're about to start offering facility wise, coaching wise, campus wise, etc...

Just watch. We're back in the football business.

Panthro said:
Nah brah! :tdown:

We owe <b>TSU</b> and others in a REAL big way and don't think for a second that we're resting on this little feat that we've accomplished as of late. The WORST thing that could've occurred for TSU was for us to start winning. It'll be that much harder to get a recruit to decide w/ what we're about to start offering facility wise, coaching wise, campus wise, etc...

Just watch. We're back in the football business.

You won one game. We could have beat Paul Quinn and the other school you played.

Actually a winning PV will only help TSU. PV is not our competition.
IE: Southern/Grambling, Alabama AM/Alabama State, Texas/Texas AM, SFA/Sam Houston. The Tigers will be back.

East Tex...our transfers on the offensive line never suited up....most of them are sophomores and 1 senior....the freshmen we signed redshirted...

only have 2 transfers on the defensive line...

if you go 0-11 and we go 4-7 or whatever and it comes down to us and yall for a recruit...who do think will win?

you all have several transfers still suited up but I see no production

you got that 6-6 kid from Colorado State, the kid from A&M, the kid from Arkansas State, the CB from Kentucky....

defensively, you all should not be blown out

if you kept Bill Thomas...you had Anthony Wright and much more....but thanks

Are you saying the offensive lineman did not play against us, or they have not played since that game.

The 6'6 kid is slim, The Transfer from A&M has been hurt. There are still 7 other spots on defense. Freshman and ? feel the other spots.

One season should not make a difference with a recruit. If the recruit can overlook fifteen seasons of losing, then we probably had no chance of signing that kid anyway.

Bill Thomas was blown out in as many game as we have blown out this year, with far superior talent. In addition Bill could not win a championship evern if he had a better team. You might find yourself in that same position. Leopards do not change there spots.

On top of that, next year will tell the tale.

the transfers never played.....one got injured and other has not played all season due to other factors. Basically, that's last season's line CL recruited.

after looking at the UAPB game....it shows where we are headed.

Bill ain't making the head decisions here....we are having a Bill-type season already...that's successful in only 2 years.

Back