Texas Southern and Prairie View Supports One Another...

C-LeB28

Prairie View tied for first

-- The wild ride continues at Prairie View A&M, where the men's basketball team is 5-0 in the Southwestern Athletic Conference, tied for first with Alabama State. And once again it was Greg Burks, all 5-8 of him, doing the damage late in Monday's 65-62 home win over Jackson State.

Burks hit the go-ahead shot with 28 seconds remaining. It was the third consecutive game Burks made the game-winning basket.

Burks, a first-team All-SWAC selection last season, hit a shot from the top of the key with 1.4 seconds left gave the Panthers a 59-57 win over Texas Southern on Jan. 11.

"He's a winner," said TSU coach Ronnie Courtney. "A great player. I think he should have gotten more accolades than he did last year. I voted for him for every honor there was."

See, we SWAC Texas schools respect one another. Coach Ronnie Courtney and Coach Francis have the upmost respect for each other and it is carried down to each program's players and fans. We have class and dignity and this is why I never smack on Prairie View.

Regards,

Co-Texas Two-Step Partner

Back