Texas Islamophobes Freak Out Over Name For New High School

Kendrick

Administrator
Staff member
Some parents in the Frisco Independent School District want a name change for the new Lebanon High School, saying the school set to open next year shouldn't share its name with the Middle East nation and that the community should get a say in naming it.

A group of eight parents met with NBC 5 Friday as they push for the district to rename the new school on Ohio Drive. They say they were originally told it would be called Freedom High School and are disappointed in what they call a less patriotic, and potentially confusing, choice.

The district says Lebanon High School got its name from a community of farmers who settled near the old Shawnee Trail half a century before the city of Frisco was established, the district says. The naming committee picked its name to honor the area's heritage.
But parent Liffey Skender wonders if that reference still resonates today. “There are a lot of people out there that are not happy with this name,â€￾ she said.

Skender voiced her concerns at a board of trustees meeting in December and says that since then, she’s received about 100 emails and two dozen phone calls from others who share them.

Robert Mays is another parent who shares her concerns. "For a high school name, it doesn’t fit this community,â€￾ Mays said.
The parents say they simply want the district to put the name change to a vote, in a community already dealing with steady growth and subsequent redistricting.

“All we’re asking for is a voice, to be heard and have an open mind,â€￾ Skender said. She said the district could promote ownership in the new campus by giving students and parents a chance to be involved in the naming process.

http://reverbpress.com/news/texas-islamophobes-freak-name-new-high-school-video/

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I laughed when I saw these names listed below. :lol:

“George W. Bush School for Is Our Children Learning?”

“Jesus H. Christ High school”

“Sarah Palin High School”

“Barack H. Obama High School”

“Jesus H. Christ Fetus Memorial High School”

“Our Crucified Savior High School.”

“Murrika High School”

“We Don’t Like Brown People High School”

“America Eagle Guns FREEDOOOOOOM Municipal High School”

“Super Cowboy USA Hot Dog Rocket Ship American Number One High School”

“Benghazi High School”

“Murrika The Stoopid High School”

“Smith & Wesson’s God-Fearing Eagle-Punch High School”

“Shock and Awe High School”

“White Christian Privilege High School”

“Roughneck High School”

“America Freedom Clint Eastwood Fifty Caliber Eagle Go Cowboys Yee Haw High School”

I laughed when I saw these names listed below. :lol:

“George W. Bush School for Is Our Children Learning?”

“Jesus H. Christ High school”

“Sarah Palin High School”

“Barack H. Obama High School”

“Jesus H. Christ Fetus Memorial High School”

“Our Crucified Savior High School.”

“Murrika High School”

“We Don’t Like Brown People High School”

“America Eagle Guns FREEDOOOOOOM Municipal High School”

“Super Cowboy USA Hot Dog Rocket Ship American Number One High School”

“Benghazi High School”

“Murrika The Stoopid High School”

“Smith & Wesson’s God-Fearing Eagle-Punch High School”

“Shock and Awe High School”

“White Christian Privilege High School”

“Roughneck High School”

“America Freedom Clint Eastwood Fifty Caliber Eagle Go Cowboys Yee Haw High School”

Funny thing is we didn't see those protest when we saw Obama, Colin Powell & Ann Richards get school named after them.

Heck we got folks fighting to get a school named after Irma P. Hall.

This is actually down the street from my house. Lebanon is also the name of a major road here as well.......Idiots!!!

Southern hicks are the dumbest folks on earth. The sad part is they think a war is going on in America, and everyone is out to get the good hard working white man.

Southern hicks are the dumbest folks on earth. The sad part is they think a war is going on in America, and everyone is out to get the good hard working white man.

Is their guilt forcing them to fear us?

Is their guilt forcing them to fear us?

I'm really beginning to believe it is. They've known for years they get ahead because of their privilege. The problem is when we move ahead of them. This is why every negative statistic is forced in the media to portray us as the bottom race.

This kind of remind me of the time back in the 70's when some Whites folks in my hometown were considering renaming the high school I attended because the name of the school was associated with the Black community. What they didn't know, the school was actually named after a White Ohio philanthropist who was an educator that established a funding source to help start institutes to educate Blacks in the United States, which is why most of the high schools with the same name are/were predominately Black. Funny thing, the elementary school I attended also share the same name as the high school, but it is now predominately White and is one of the top elementary schools in the State and no one questions its naming source.

Last edited:
Mess like this is the main reason why I can't understand how now predominately Black high schools that are named after characters who fought to keep Blacks in slavery and uneducated stay named as they are, such as Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee, or with mascots as the Confederate Rebels.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
People have a right being that these countries are Islamic countries but the thing is this country has a diverse group in which they have a right to express itself according to the 1st Amendment. On a personal note I feel that the country made a mistake allowing so much diversity to be intertwined in it because of the bad influences that are affiliated some the perspectives of each section--which causes a lot angry suspicion and some times out right disregard with violent intentions off of the assumptions. I feel that gov'ts should be more singular in nature because too much or many ideas are not good for a nation causing them to be delusional :noidea:!

On a personal note I feel that the country made a mistake allowing so much diversity to be intertwined in it because of the bad influences that are affiliated some the perspectives of each section--which causes a lot angry suspicion and some times out right disregard with violent intentions off of the assumptions. I feel that gov'ts should be more singular in nature because too much or many ideas are not good for a nation causing them to be delusional :noidea:!

huh? When did this country "make the mistake of allowing so much diversity" in your opinion???

Back