Texas A&M at Prairie View A&M, sat 3:30

lil_j

Any thoughts??????

I go to TxA&M and the team is coming off an impressive 83-66 win over Tennessee. Right now Tx A&M is 4-1 with wins over Tenn and LSU. Does PV have a chance????? Will the Baby Dome be packed????? What about the pep band, will they be there???? I'm thinking about bringing some of my white classmates down Highway 6 to PV to watch the game. Hopefully the atmosphere will be great and I can show them how us black folks do it. How much are tickets???

Tickets are 2,500$ for TxA&M related. ~snicker~ and 10-15$ for PV related. LOL

I don't know if we have a real chance or not. A&M seems to have hit it's stride as of late. Watkins' arse is on the hot seat, so... If our PV team of the last 2 weeks shows up, we'll win.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
A&M's roster has more Californians than Texans on the roster. Watkins recruited "hard" for this season.

but they have played 3 games in 6 days

I know I'll be at the game with my cousin that played for PVU from the early 90's.

From what I saw against A&M when we played them I hope Burks and PV's big men can have another OU type performance.

PV at home.... and with the band? :tup:

Will Bean play for A&M after that altercation the other night?

PV must play sound basket ball to win this game. They can not turn the ball over 15 times and expect to win. They must out rebound A&M or stay close in the rebounding department. Free throws is another key for them to win, I think they must shoot better than 70 to 75 percent from the line.

I expect PV to get a few bad calls, but they can weather that storm. We (TSU) got some bad calls but we still had our chances to win and so will PV.

I'll be heading to PV as soon as the Katy and Hastings game is over. Somebody save me a seat. Hopefully, the game won't last 3 hours.

They have been rejuvenated with that new all american freshamn they have and they JC transfer. Along with Bernard King they have turned that team around from what they were the last few years. It will be a tuff game to win, but we must play smart and hard.

Freshman wing Antonie Wright, a Parade All-American as a high school senior at Lawrence Academy in Massachusetts, has lived up to the hype of being one of the most highly touted recruits ever for the Aggies. In the first five games he's averaged 18 points per game and was recently named Big 12 freshman of the week

The win over Tennessee really got my attention. I do not know what LSU has. But I agree with those who say that PV needs another performance like they had against OU.

Understand this about Watkins situation. Gates, the president, just fired Slocum this week. Earlier this year he said that excellence in athletics mattered. In other words it is win or else. As I have heard (and said on this board), Gates is a basketball fan. So if Gates lets go the winningest football coach in school history after a .500 season, he will not have a problem letting go a basketball coach who has not won if the team has a losing season. Beating A&M will help PV. Losing to PV will not help Watkins.

Back