Terrorist of Freedom Fighter????

Taylor-Made'90

I'm 'Citrix SSO' batch!!!
How would you classify these terms in relation to what's been happening in our country (9/11).

It seems to me that the two terms are quite interchangeable, depending on the point of view being spoken at the time. Is Usama bin Laden a Terrorist? Or is he a Freedom Fighter? Depends on who you ask. It seems that years ago, when the Afghanis were fighting the Russians, the US called Usama and his followers Freedom Fighters, and helped back their war with Russia. But since then, when US Foreign Policy implimentation left a bad taste in their mouths, and they rebel against us, we now call them Terrorists.... Was Nelson Mandela a Terrorist? If you aksed the white-dominated South African Government, then he was. He was a radical preaching rhetoric about blacks having equality and equal-access. He raged against the 'machine'. He was a terrorist. But to the black South Africans, he was a Freedom Fighter. He stood up to the 'establish' and campaigned for change. And made a huge sacrifice being inprisoned for 26 years, in order to bring about change. And that change has resulted in a free-er South Africa, and an equal distribution of power. And he's garnered awards World-wide.....But was he a terrorist, or a freedom fighter?

The answers become rather intriguing when you look at it from the varying vantage points.......

Hmmmmmm:smh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I feel ya......

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
The names I have for Usama aren't quite suitable for TSPN.

Well, just jumble-'em up like eveybody else does(the names for Usama). You know, intentionally mis-spell them.....

But I do wanna know what you think....

Well since you asked nicely Taylor

I don't really know. I'd assume that it could be a little of both. He is fighting for what he believes in, yet while committing a terrorist act(s) upon innocent victims. I can relate to certain issues, but I just don't agree with all the violence. It doesn't help anything, it just makes it worse. We allow too many foreigners over in this country anyway and we're too easy to put our guards down.

Re: Well since you asked nicely Taylor

I just don't agree with all the violence.

I don't agree with the violence either. But some scholars have pointed out that they (Al-Queida) feel justified in their attacks, based on years of oppression caused by US Foreign Policy, whether directly or indirectly. And some even suggest that the number or casualties is greater in the Middle East, than in the 9/11 attacks. So they might be trying to 'get even'. But I'd agree that the attacks didn't prove (or solve) anything. But they did show that the US is indeed vulnerable. And that's where my concern lies. What else are we vulnerable to?

Re: Re: Well since you asked nicely Taylor

Originally posted by Taylor-Made'90

I don't agree with the violence either. But some scholars have pointed out that they (Al-Queida) feel justified in their attacks, based on years of oppression caused by US Foreign Policy, whether directly or indirectly. And some even suggest that the number or casualties is greater in the Middle East, than in the 9/11 attacks. So they might be trying to 'get even'. But I'd agree that the attacks didn't prove (or solve) anything. But they did show that the US is indeed vulnerable. And that's where my concern lies. What else are we vulnerable to?

That's what I was trying to say Taylor; mine just didn't come out so eloquently....LOL:D

The whole point was what you just stated....we got caught with out pants down, so to speak. Our guards were down and we got cocky....That needs to cease. We can't allow folks to just come over here and regulate like that. They're getting even with us and they do feel justified in what they're doing and have done.

You know what gets me?

It seems that on September 8th, 9th and 10th, we knew nothing about this whole thing. The country was at ease (how we normally are). The Democrats and Republicans were bickereing over Tax Reforms (the usual). Our Gov't (FBI,CIA, NSA) knew NOTHING!!!!!

Then we get attacked on September 11th...

But on Friday, September 14th, The FBI/CIA has information on 19 hijackers!!!! They've got names and pictures and all their background and everything. They know eveyrthing about 'em, from where they stayed, down to who they 'got with' last.

Doesn't this strike you as strange? How do they go from knowing nothing on Tuesday, to know virtually eveyrthing on Friday. I just don't believe that they got THAT much work done in 3 days. But they can't find Chandra Levy, or can't really say how many gunmen there were on the Grassy Knoll.

I think somebody knew.. Just like in Oklahoma City......

Somebody knew..

This country knows what they wanna know. If these mofos can send a man to the damn moon, then they can locate terrorists and/or missing person(s).

This country knows what they wanna know. If these mofos can send a man to the damn moon, then they can locate terrorists and/or missing person(s).

I believe the same thing. But I do think that they haven't found Chandra Levy because there's nothing to gain by finding her. It's all politics. Gary Condit wasn't powerful enough to have lost anything if she was found. But had it been Trent Lott or John McCain(linked to her), she would've been found...Probably alive.

It's all politics......

Exactly, this is why I have certain issues with politics and politicians

I believe the same thing. But I do think that they haven't found Chandra Levy because there's nothing to gain by finding her. It's all politics. Gary Condit wasn't powerful enough to have lost anything if she was found. But had it been Trent Lott or John McCain(linked to her), she would've been found...Probably alive.

It's all politics......

Like I stated earlier, this country does just what they wanna do. If they wanna know, they'll find out. On the flip side, if they don't wanna know, they won't.

Ya feel me?

Re: Exactly, this is why I have certain issues with politics and politicians

Ya feel me?

Yeah, I feel. You feel good.:D

I think sometimes that 'politics' brings out the best (potential) and worst in us. And the simple fact is that most of our freedoms and liberties, are made by back-room deals, and under-the-table schemes. And it's been going on forever. It seems to be the 'nature' of the beast.

Then we get attacked on September 11th...

But on Friday, September 14th, The FBI/CIA has information on 19 hijackers!!!! They've got names and pictures and all their background and everything. They know eveyrthing about 'em, from where they stayed, down to who they 'got with' last.

I think somebody knew.. Just like in Oklahoma City......

Somebody knew..

Note that they were arresting folks on September 12th.

I'll Tell You Something Else

I've been saying that I think somebody knew. Here's something else. Why is it that whenever a plane crashes, and the news reports on it, that they show you pictures of the crash site, right? And the video they show, ALWAYS SHOWS PEICES OF THE WRECKAGE!!!!! Now, with that being said, why did the media report (and gov't confirm) that the plane that 'crashed' in Pennsylvania actually CRASHED. Why then, when they showed the crash site, THERE WERE NO NOTICEABLE PIECES OF THE PLANE!!!!!! All you saw was dirt and little, itty bitty pieces (of something), but no airplane wheels, no fuselage, no wing, nothing... Makes you go :confused: Hmmmmm..

Also, why were they so quick to say that passengers on the plane fought with the hijackers and forced the plane to crash? How do they know? There would have to be some bigger pieces of wreckage in order to recover the 'Black Box'. And nearby residents say they heard two explosions, one in the air, and one on the ground. How do they explain that?

You know what I think?

I think the Air National Guard shot that plane down. It didn't crash. It was shot down. That's why there were no noticeable pieces of wreckage at the so-called 'crash site'. The media did report that once the plane turned, the control tower tried for several minutes to contact the plane. And by that time, the FCC had ordered all planes to land. And there was still no contact from that plane. And military aircraft had already been scrambled. So who's to say thet, since they had no contact with plane, and since it turned and was heading towards Washington, and after one plane had already struck the Pentagon, why wouldn't they shoot it down...... Did you also notice how the passengers on the plane were hailed as heroes, for 'fighting' against the hijackers!!! And there were no survivors to corroborate the story..... I think the govt 'spun' this to death. I don't think those passengers fought back, and if they did, they didn't force the plane to crash. They were probably fighting the hijackers, when an F-15 showed up and blew 'em out of the sky. And blew the plane into unrecognizeable pieces. Pieces too small to distinguish an airplane.....

This isht makes me :splat:

They knew......And now they're 'spinning' it for all it's worth.....

My whole thing is.......

How do they know what happened on those planes anyway if everyone was killed?

Was it the so-called black boxes?

Back