Tennessee players involved in bar brawl

Olde Hornet

The fighting continues - I found this on Onnidan

http://onnidan.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007626

Tennessee players, fraternity in bar brawl

Associated Press

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer said he's looking into allegations that several players may have been involved in a bar brawl just days before playing for the Southeastern Conference championship.

"The first thing I asked them was what they were even doing out that late this week," said Fulmer, whose Volunteers meet Auburn on Saturday in the SEC title game in Atlanta.

"I still have to find out what exactly happened before I say much else," he said Wednesday. "But we're not going to let this become a distraction. Our focus doesn't change."

Melvin Ellis, a UT student and member of Phi Beta Sigma fraternity, filed a complaint with Knoxville police alleging he was punched in the face by reserve linebacker Daniel Brooks during a fight at a fraternity party at the Electric Ballroom around 2 a.m. Wednesday.

"He had his shirt off and was acting wild," Ellis said of Brooks. "He was looking to fight. Why me? I don't know. I weigh about 155 pounds, and that's with all my clothes on."

"I don't want to talk about it, none of it," the 6-foot-4, 235-pound Brooks said Wednesday.

Ellis told The Tennessean of Nashville as many as 20 football players were at the club. "Some of them were trying to stomp on people, and some were trying to defuse the situation," Ellis said.

Bouncers broke up the fight with pepper spray. There were no arrests or charges filed by police.

"We're continuing to gather as much information as possible," UT athletic director Mike Hamilton said. "At this point, I know we had two guys involved in a fight.

"While I don't have all the details just yet, if in fact a lot of our guys were out at 2 o'clock in the morning, that's disturbing to me," he said.

http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/news/breaking_news/10322483.htm
:smh:

Let em play dammitt.. I dont want NO EXCUSES for this assbeatin they about to take this weekend.

WAR DAMN EAGLE

And some say the SWAC are idiots? Take a quick look at this I-A garbage first before damning your own Conference

Back