Teacher-Student Sexual Relationships

aamuprettywoman

AAMU all day every day!
HERE IS WHY I ASK:
This is one of today's stories for our newscast out of Seattle, Washington.

TEACHERS AND SEX AND STUDENTS...
RIGHT NOW, IT'S 'NOT' A CRIME FOR A TEACHER TO HAVE SEX WITH A YOUNGSTER WHO'S 16 TO 18 YEARS OLD. NOW, THERE'S A DRIVE TO CHANGE THE LAW... A DRIVE THATS STALLED.

The relationship between teacher and student is one of
trust and compassion...students we talked to say it should not go beyond that to include sex... even with older students.

High school senior Alexis Lumanlan says, "A teacher's business in school is only to the teach the students.. not to get relationships."

High school senior Junior Mose says, "I think a teacher-student relationship should never cross that boundaries of an intimacy of that
sort.
Teacher Mary Kay LeTourneau is now serving time for having
a sexual relationship with a young student...and now grade school teacher Susan Lemery of Mukilteo is charged with
having sexual relations with 2 14-year-old students.

Right now sex with a student or anyone under the age of 16 is
considered a crime...But students 16 and over it's not .

Representative Kathy Lambert... a teacher herself.. wants that changed.

Republican Rep. Kathy Lambert says, "I think that every child that goes to school should be safe from anybody preying upon them."

Right now it's violation of the professional code of ethics
and a teacher could lose his or her certification.
Under Lambert's bill it would also be a crime... believing teachers are abusing their positions of power.

Student Corey Washington says, "You've got to do what they say or they can mess with your grades or your transcripts.. so yeah I think there should be a law over that.")
The bill passed the House of Representatives... but has
been stuck in the senate.

Democratic Sen. Adam Kline says, "Yes, it did appear on today's calendar and we are probably going to put it to a vote. There's some contention about it.

Kline says, "I'd like to see the bill passed as is.... I see no
problem with it myself."

Despite the fact that Sen. Kline believes the bill will be voted on.. the senate adjourned for the day without taking
any action... and there's no guarante that any action will be taken. Representative Lambert hopes public pressure will spell the difference.
Rep. Lambert says, "I'm very sad.. I'm a little disturbed.. a whole lot disturbed that it's being held up."

The question holding it up... are there enough penalties
against teachers right now with the threat of losing their jobs... or
should they face jail time?

Leave da kids alone. If they wanna beat somethin, let em do it. At least we know they learnin somethin from the teacher.:emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Clank Clank!!!!

put them up under the jail!!!!!! what ever teacher has to resort to hollarin at there student has some problems that need to be addressed....

This is just sad!

Student/College Professor relationships are to be expected ;), but grade school , middle school, and high school kids should be protected. The law should very simply be extended to 18 year olds. Some of these teachers are out of control.

TSO
-Astrya

Ya'll make it seem like them kids are just defenseless. A 16 year old know damnnnnnnnnn well what they doin!!!!!!

Originally posted by unknown1
Leave da kids alone. If they wanna beat somethin, let em do it. At least we know they learnin somethin from the teacher.:emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Yess indeed....*agreed on unknown #1 say and give him a high five for da one*

16 or at least in high school is too dang young for a student to get involved with a teacher.....Now when you're in college, you're grown...I personally don't agree with it, BUT when you look at it in the long run, most of these teacher/student "relation"ships don't result in a long steady relationship, nor marriage. If they do, oh well. You never know where you'll find LOVE. Many of them end in public or schoolwide embarrasment, cause they weren't down-low enough or one of them talked too much (probably the student). I look at my close professors as DISTANT uncles and aunts, and could hardly look at them in a sexual way. Tha't outta control..

If a male teacher is interested in young boys or girls he is called a pedophile and in many cases goes to prison, has to register with the sex offenders registry in his state, etc.

When female teachers do it, usually nothing is done. Ms. Letourneau is the exception.

Help me out here, what can a young man under the age of 21 do for me besides cut the grass, bring the groceries out of the car etc. that an immature grown man over 21 can't. I just have not seen any teenagers with enough "game" to even speak to me on that level.

Anyone interested in young CHILDREN, which is what they are considered until at least 18 is in my books a PEDOPHILE!

If the shoe fits, I'm talking about you.:redhot:

Back