Taysom Hill, Saints agree to 2-year, $21 million deal, report says

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Who says it is not good to be white? A guy with no zero td passes has a job and the second highest paid back-up to boot. But Cam a former MVP does not have a job. Amazing!

Drew Brees, and Sean Payton probably fought him to get that guaranteed money.

QB(s) get paid pretty well in comparison to other positions. It appears that his salary for 2020 would currently put him at #20 among NFL QB(s).

Last edited:
QB's get paid pretty well in comparison to other positions. It appears that his salary for 2020 would currently put him at #20 among NFL QB(s).

Considering he's not a starter AND wasn't even a valuable backup QB lately behind Brees/Bridgewater before he departed, that's a hella' salary, considering.

Considering he's not a starter AND wasn't even a valuable backup QB lately behind Brees/Bridgewater before he departed, that's a hella' salary, considering.

I agree that he did well. However, the Saints use him in a lot of different ways though. WR, Wildcat, Decoy, RB, FB/lead blocker and QB (the Saints might put that guy anywhere to keep teams off balance and he will excel). The Saints use him in a very similar way the Pittsburgh Steelers used Cordell Stewart early on. What will be interesting to see though is how can he be used if Drew Brees leaves the roster in the final year of his contract? I don't see him as being an answer for a Brees replacement. He is a hot commodity on the Saints roster right now though. I'm inclined to say that he may be at his NFL apex with the current Saints roster surrounding him, so one has to get while the getting is good (LOL). One would have to actually look at the Saints consistently to know how this guy is utilized.

1588116470994.png

Last edited:
QB(s) get paid pretty well in comparison to other positions. It appears that his salary for 2020 would currently put him at #20 among NFL QB(s).

How much are backup being paid? Because, I guarantee, they are not getting 16 million of guaranteed money.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
How much are backup being paid? Because, I guarantee, they are not getting 16 million of guaranteed money.

Did you read the article that you posted?

"If that sounds pricey for a backup quarterback, it’s because it is: Only the Indianapolis ColtsJacoby Brissett has a higher average salary as a backup quarterback, coming in at $15 million. It’s worth noting that Brissett hauled in that salary when he was slated to be the Colts’ starter last season — after piecing together some solid results at the position in New England and Indianapolis."

Did you read the article that you posted?

"If that sounds pricey for a backup quarterback, it’s because it is: Only the Indianapolis ColtsJacoby Brissett has a higher average salary as a backup quarterback, coming in at $15 million. It’s worth noting that Brissett hauled in that salary when he was slated to be the Colts’ starter last season — after piecing together some solid results at the position in New England and Indianapolis."

He received that salary only after Andrew Luck retired, and he earned every bit of his salary.

How many games have Taysom Hill started at QB compared to Jacoby Brissett?

He received that salary only after Andrew Luck retired, and he earned every bit of his salary.

It doesn't make a difference. Try reading an article before you post it, that way you don't have to ask questions that have already been answered. The Saints gave the man a 2-year salary they felt was his worth no matter how wrong or right it is. They in all probability wouldn't have given it to someone that was black but possibly and water is wet....

Have not watched a full NFL Game in years and the SuperBowl in 5 years now. Started when they wronged Kap and seeing Black Coaches get the shaft. Only 1 Black GM. You are right, no matter how they treat blacks, we will watch.

That's me, I'm more into watching the college game over the NFL. I went to my first NFL in years last season because of my son. He's a Eagle's fan and he knows I'm a Bear's fan and we went to Philly last season to see them play on a weekend that PV was off.

I agree that he did well. However, the Saints use him in a lot of different ways though. WR, Wildcat, Decoy, RB, FB/lead blocker and QB (the Saints might put that guy anywhere to keep teams off balance and he will excel). The Saints use him in a very similar way the Pittsburgh Steelers used Cordell Stewart early on. What will be interesting to see though is how can he be used if Drew Brees leaves the roster in the final year of his contract? I don't see him as being an answer for a Brees replacement. He is a hot commodity on the Saints roster right now though. I'm inclined to say that he may be at his NFL apex with the current Saints roster surrounding him, so one has to get while the getting is good (LOL). One would have to actually look at the Saints consistently to know how this guy is utilized.

View attachment 9861
For sure, he's utilized everywhere, including KOs lol. He's a hybrid can do it all talent no doubt so I don't blame him for getting his $$$ while he's peaking (in popularity on the current team).

It doesn't make a difference. Try reading an article before you post it, that way you don't have to ask questions that have already been answered. The Saints gave the man a 2-year salary they felt was his worth no matter how wrong or right it is. They in all probability wouldn't have given it to someone that was black but possibly and water is wet....

If it was the other way around, the debate would be different!

Yes and that deal was renegogiated AFTER Andrew Luck so he definitely was not making $15 million a year as a black backup QB

Back