T.O.'s woes continue with locker-room brawl-Owens involved in fight with Hugh Dougla

Jafus (Thinker)

Owens involved in fight with Hugh Douglas
Story Tools: Print Email XML
Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com
Posted: 17 minutes ago

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5058678?GT1=7409

The Terrell Owens' saga has taken perhaps its most absurd turn yet. While he was suspended for comments made Thursday, that was not his most outrageous action of that day.

Terrell's fighting words:
NFL Insider Jay Glazer gives the story of T.O.'s locker room fight. After trading punches in the training room, the suspended wide receiver challenged the entire locker room.

Owens actually fought Pro Bowl defensive end and current Eagles ambassador Hugh Douglas in the team's rehab room late Thursday and then issued a challenge to fight several other teammates afterward. The Trenton Times first reported the story Sunday morning.
Those present told FOXSports.com, while Owens was in the pool rehabilitating his injured ankle, Douglas came into the area and began to get on the outspoken wide receiver. The two jawed back and forth before, believe it or not, Owens got out of the pool and went to get his sneakers on in order to get traction to throw some blows.

When he came back, with shoes on, Owens and Douglas started swinging. Douglas said both sides only threw a couple punches and none landed.

Several players, most getting treatment, tried to separate the pair, but Owens started throwing those players off of him to get at Douglas again. Owens shed his teammates and kept going after Douglas before L.J. Smith got Douglas into another area. One swing by Owens was described as a shot that would have done major damage had it landed.

The fight, which was deemed "unbelievable" by some present, is just the latest tale in the bizarre soap opera that has been Owens' season. However, Owens' bizarre afternoon didn't end there.

Following his fight with Douglas, a still-amped Owens walked into the locker room and issued a challenge to fight any player who wants to continue to talk behind his back. Although there were several players in the locker room, most believed his challenge was directed toward quarterback Donovan McNabb.

Basically, Owens said, and this is to paraphrase, that anyone else who talks behind his back who wants to step up should do it now, this is the time to take him on and he could handle it the way he did with Douglas. When nobody moved from their stools, Owens said something to the effect of, "That's what I thought" and walked out.

This is not the first time Owens and Douglas got into a heated exchange, although it's the first time punches were thrown. During training camp, FOXSports.com first reported that Owens and Douglas had a verbal altercation in an elevator with McNabb regarding the trio's tumultuous relationship. At the time, Douglas threatened to hit Owens but didn't follow through.

Saturday, the team suspended Owens indefinitely and while the team has made no absolute decision on his future, several Eagles say they find it hard to believe he will ever rejoin the team. However, coach Andy Reid has not said this yet and some also believe that as long as he gives a true apology to McNabb and the team he may be allowed back. However, it's difficult to believe that Owens would conform to this.

The team suspended him Saturday for what they deemed "conduct detrimental to the team." According to sources, Reid wanted an apology from Owens publicly and then an apology to the team. Owens, sources say, was suspended because he couldn't conform with Reid's portion of the request to apologize to his team.

The apology he was looking for were a direct result of comments he made regarding the team's lack of public recognition of his 100th career TD catch a couple of weeks ago.

"I've had an opportunity to talk with the Eagles organization and I have learned that the team does not recognize individual achievements," Owens said in a prepared statement Friday. "It has been brought to my attention that I have offended the organization and my teammates. Therefore, I would like to apologize for any derogatory comments toward them."

The brawl with Douglas and the ensuing challenge to his teammates to another fight was just another incident that has "worn us all out" according to teammates. Several teammates truly like Owens and all respect his play, but many others inside the locker room and organization are simply exhausted by the weekly soap opera that has become what seems like a scheduled distraction.

Owens is expected to make in excess of $3.5 million in pay which means for every game the team suspends him without pay, he would lose more than $200,000 per week. The team may elect to go the Keyshawn Johnson route ? pay him to stay away.

Re: T.O.'s woes continue with locker-room brawl-Owens involved in fight with Hugh Do

Wow.......this is indeed a sad story.

Re: T.O.'s woes continue with locker-room brawl-Owens involved in fight with Hugh Do

I'm tired of this saga. :shame:

Please deactivate him and move on to bigger and better things.

They should've never gave that ninja money!! TO is just selfish and needs an arse whoopin'.

They should have let them finish the fight so that Douglas could have finished whipping his butt. I am sick and tired of hearing about a selfish, cry baby punk like T.O. I wish we would talk more about the NFL and not about me,me,me players like T.O.

T.O apologies. :lol:

I have no words.... :shame:

Hang in there TO! :tup:

wahines said:
They should have let them finish the fight so that Douglas could have finished whipping his butt.
This doesn't sound like he got his butt whipped...

Basically, Owens said, and this is to paraphrase, that anyone else who talks behind his back who wants to step up should do it now, this is the time to take him on and he could handle it the way he did with Douglas. When nobody moved from their stools, Owens said something to the effect of, "That's what I thought" and walked out.

TO is a drama QUEEN!!!

I hope he never gets a chance to play again.

I am so sick of TO and his mess. There ain't no way he would ever be in my locker room with my approval. True he give it everything he has on the field. But, he rips a team and an organization apart when the clock has all zeroes. Nope! It is too bad.

I look at son who likes TO and Moss or he wants to like them. He mentioned to me today after hearing the stuff on TO:
Daddy, have you noticed that Randy hasn't been in trouble like he was in Minnesoto. He hadn't been walking off the field and stuff this year. I said, you are correct, but don't be surprised if you don't hear something before the year is out, especially if the Raiders keep struggling. TO is really making it hard for him to like him because McNabb is his favorite football player.

Peace...

Man this type of stuff happens all the time in the league TO is telling the truth about the Eagles and there front office Hugh Douglas lucky to still be in football didn't the eagles cut him again this year to force him to take the league minium.

What happens on my teams, stays on my teams, or you don't play for me. We are like family. We don't air our dirty laundry to outsiders or you don't play for me. You don't hold my team hostage because you don't want to honor the contract that you signed. There are ways to handle these types of things and it should not include attacking your teammates. You lose all of my respect when you take those punk actions. McNabb should have spoken up for me and my contract situation. Look dude, who do you think McNabb is, you daddy, your pimp, or what. What is your agent for? Be a man and handle your own business, like everyone else on the team. You decided to go to Philly. They ain't gonna change for you.

But, that is me. If figure if you want to get paid and play for a team that will let you be a fool, pick that type of team - not a tight budget and/or traditional team like PHilly, Pittsburgh, New England, Dallas, GB, etc...

Peace...

T.O. needs some cheese to go with that 'whine'.......

He's so 'Middle-Schoolish'......

:tdown:

WHICH TEAM WILL TAKE A CHANCE ON T.O. NOW?

Which team do you think will take a chance on T.O. now? Will he be blackballed from the league?

Re: WHICH TEAM WILL TAKE A CHANCE ON T.O. NOW?

D.K.Williams said:
Which team do you think will take a chance on T.O. now? Will he be blackballed from the league?

Probably 29 or so other teams.

Re: WHICH TEAM WILL TAKE A CHANCE ON T.O. NOW?

All I know is if T.O. played on my high school team, he would have been got his ass kicked in the locker room. He might not ever stop talking, but he would have had something different to talk about.

wahines said:
They should have let them finish the fight so that Douglas could have finished whipping his butt. I am sick and tired of hearing about a selfish, cry baby punk like T.O. I wish we would talk more about the NFL and not about me,me,me players like T.O.

Agree 100%.

Regards.

I can't stand to hear a man whine. :angry: :vomit:

JSTUS said:
I can't stand to hear a man whine. :angry: :vomit:

what about when...

Breaking News: TO out for the rest of the year.

Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA -- Terrell Owens won't return to the Philadelphia Eagles this season, coach Andy Reid said Monday.

The outspoken star receiver was suspended for Sunday night's 17-10 loss at Washington, and will remain suspended for three more games. After that, the Eagles plan to deactivate Owens for the rest of the season.

"The league has been notified by the players' union that they will be grieving our right to take that action," Reid said, "therefore there is nothing more that I can say at this point."

Owens was suspended over the weekend following a tumultuous week in which he criticized the club, fought with a former teammate and took another verbal shot at quarterback Donovan McNabb.

"I do want it to be clear that this decision is a result of a large number of situations that accumulated over a long period of time," Reid said.

Owens "had been warned repeatedly about the consequences of his actions," Reid said. "We gave Terrell every opportunity to avoid this outcome."

Owens was suspended Saturday, two days after he said the Eagles showed "a lack of class" for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch in a game on Oct. 23. In the same interview with ESPN.com on Thursday, Owens said the Eagles would be better off with Green Bay's Brett Favre at quarterback.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2216703

GR dont think yall are reading what happened here. TO is not totally at fault here. In the interview, Irvin asked TO, "Do you think your team would be better if you had Favre rather than an injured Mcnabb?" he truthfully answered, Yes. And I agree. Favre is a warrior, McNabb is a punk.

There is nothing wrong with that. McNabb is a punk. He is the reason Philly cant get over the hump, he is the punk that was throwing up in the huddle and froze up in yet another big game. TO is just tired of playing with someone that doesnt have nutts like him. If he is guilty of anything, its being too brave.

On to the fight. Big dumb ass Hugh Douglas is going to be D McNabb protector now. According to the article TO is somewhere else minding his own business when Hugh comes in there and claims he is faking his injury talking stuff. He already knew TO didnt like him....so who started that fight. Would there have been a fight if Douglas had not come in there and called him out.....the answer is no.

TOs best out is to go to another team. Its obvious these losers are satisfied with McNabb as the QB losing games and throwing interceptions when they need him to make a play just like he did in the Denver game.

Selfishly speaking....Philly should hold him out one more week.

Back