Sweetnupe lifetime Philantrophy achievment award

J-State Tiger

Senate Candidate #7
http://www.alligator.org/edit/news/issues/02-spring/current/b05tank18.html

Woman says 'Tank' gave her more than $200,000

The woman prosecutors believe to be the recipient of funds laundered by William ?Tank? Black testified Thursday that the former sports agent gave her money on a regular basis totaling more than $200,000.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Jerry Sanford called Linda Danielle Granger, 28, as a witness against Black. In a timid southern accent, Granger testified that Black frequently gave her cash and wired money more than once a month.

Granger said she met Black in 1996 through her job at Magic City ? a male entertainment club in Georgia.

?We became good friends,? Granger said. ?He was just trying to help out.?

Pressing for a total amount of funds received from Black, Sanford guided Granger toward an estimate.

?I don?t know for sure, but I know more than a few hundred thousands,? she said.

The money was in addition to co-signing for two vehicles and at least two ?pleasure trips? Granger could recall to Las Vegas.

FBI witness Jeffrey Thornburg, who supervised a search of Professional Management, Inc., Black's sports agency, summed the totals of all wire transfer requests forms seized from the office -- more than 100 transfers total.

Forms for wire transfers to Granger found in the office of co-defendant Lisa Adams, totaled $211,005 from 1996-99.

In addition to Granger?s testimony Thursday, Kimberly Hampton of Columbia, S.C., testified that Black gave her $5,000 a month in addition to ?sporadic? cash and that the two traveled together on several trips, including one to Disneyland.

During cross-examination, defense attorneys established the payments were court-ordered child support for Hampton and Black?s 6-year-old son, Matthew. The trip to Disneyland was a birthday gift for Matthew, Hampton admitted.

Black is on trial for multiple charges of conspiracy and fraud and obstruction of justice in Gainesville?s federal courthouse. Black faces 25 years in prison if found guilty

Sweets looks like a new standard has been set. Wow a $200000 scholarship. That will buy a lot of books and pay a lot of lab fees. Then 2 Trips to Vegas to "research". Too bad the money Tank was giving away belonged to Fred Taylor.:lmao:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Anybody got a pic of this skrippa. I sure do wanna know what she looks like for "Tank" to drop that kinda scrilla.

Now I see why they be turning down my propositions for a good meal.:( :D :p

Back