SWAC Softball Tournament on the Swac Digital Network

Raoul

I tried to tune in to the swac digital Network this morning. Wanted to watch a little championship softball. Why is it we can't get that thing to work?
It's just a continuous commercial loop. No 9:00 a.m. grambling versus Bama State game when I had a chance to watch.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Bama State beat TXSU 2 - 0 to advance and remain in the winner’s bracket

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

The Champs Are Back: Alabama State wins SWAC Championship in convincing fashion over Alcorn State​

GULFPORT, Miss. | After a year of uncertainty and year that was cut short last spring, Alabama State reclaimed their crown and won their second consecutive Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) championship with a convincing 8-1 victory over Alcorn State at the Gulfport Sportsplex Friday afternoon.

Alabama State (19-27), playing in their sixth consecutive conference championship game, won their third title since 2016 behind timely hitting and the arm of tournament MVP Skyler Sullivan who picked up four wins for the Lady Hornets who did not drop a game this week.

Sullivan (17-9) went the distance for the fourth straight tournament game, allowing just one run off of six hits while striking out six. She ended the weekend with 26 strikeouts for the Lady Hornets in 30 innings of work to pick up the tournament honor.

Alabama State pounded out 13 hits and got on the board in the second after an infield error off the bat of Morgan Gaither that scored Jazmine Dodd from third for the early 1-0 lead. They would add to that lead in the third with six runs to put the game out of reach. Dodd singled home Jaeda Gardner and Kaley Anthony to extend the lead to 3-0. The lead would grow on a two-run double by Alex Massie, before Destinee Dixon and Gardner singled home runs for a 7-0 lead.

Alcorn State got on the board in the fifth, before Alabama State put the game away in the sixth on an RBI groundout by Dodd for the final margin. The Lady Hornets went into the bottom of the seventh and allowed a pair of runs before the final out found the glove of DeRamus for the final out.

That Bama St / SU matchup may have been one of the best tourney games in a while. 11 innings. Bama St. was 1 out from falling into the loser's bracket twice. Even down to their last out, Bama St played through it....even when they were rattled.

Congrats Bama St on the ship. On to Tuscaloosa.

That Bama St / SU matchup may have been one of the best tourney games in a while. 11 innings. Bama St. was 1 out from falling into the loser's bracket twice. Even down to their last out, Bama St played through it....even when they were rattled.

Congrats Bama St on the ship. On to Tuscaloosa.

Fouts is throwng BBs right now, don't want to see her out the gate...probably will though

Fouts is throwng BBs right now, don't want to see her out the gate...probably will though
they aint throwing that girl against Bama State lol... She threw 3 games back to back.... Bama State may see a 4th string pitcher from Bama.

they aint throwing that girl against Bama State lol... She threw 3 games back to back.... Bama State may see a 4th string pitcher from Bama.
I don't put nothing pass them and with 6 days rest, they'd let her go a few innings just to keep her sharp and loose. They do have a sister who can deal too so either way it's going to be tough.

I don't put nothing pass them and with 6 days rest, they'd let her go a few innings just to keep her sharp and loose. They do have a sister who can deal too so either way it's going to be tough.
yes she is a beast also.... My daughter is deep into softball... plays on one of the top travel teams in the South.... So she follows Bama and LSU softball close.... so I have been to some Bama games.

Back