Swac Schools Future Out of Conference Football Games - 2

I'll give the Itta Bena boys credit, they're finding these games and aren't afraid to go play.....

I'm rooting for them in all of those OCC games...

Maybe the Mack of the SWAC will travel to at least three of them

#TheBandAlwaysHelps

Knew BCU would be the likely Homecoming opponent based on who comes to Itta Bena (BCU, Alcorn, AAMU and PV (if they don't roll off in 2024))

3 of those are actually "money" games (Murray, Lamar I believe and TnSU). Not eligible for FBS money games until 2025

Still would have preferred another home game but we only had 4 in 2023 so alums are growing accustomed to it (plus that shiny new scoreboard won't pay for it)

Knew BCU would be the likely Homecoming opponent based on who comes to Itta Bena (BCU, Alcorn, AAMU and PV (if they don't roll off in 2024))

3 of those are actually "money" games (Murray, Lamar I believe and TnSU). Not eligible for FBS money games until 2025

Still would have preferred another home game but we only had 4 in 2023 so alums are growing accustomed to it (plus that shiny new scoreboard won't pay for it)

PV is not rolling off in 2024, No teams roll again until 2025.

AAMU PLAYS Auburn on August 31, 2024

Last edited:
For many schools, a Classic is more profitable than a home game. I would be surprised if NCCU made ANY money at home from any game with the exception of homecoming.
It all depends who NCCU is playing at home as far as the turn out goes. If we are playing a North Carolina school whether it is D2 WSSU, NC A&T, or even PWIs like Campbell University or Elon we are good. Once you start talking about out of state teams then that when it can be hit or miss outside of home coming.

The thing is NCCU is land locked and thus whenever we host a football game or any other event on campus we have to play musical cars having students move their cars to other locations on campus to provide room for the incoming crowds.

NCCU should be ashamed of themselves having VUL on next year schedule. Playing an instate D2 HBCU would have been a better option than VUL.

I look at the Alabama schools, and see how it can be beneficial to host an in state D2 school, particularly if you have a relationship with them. The below attendance numbers, IMHO are quite impressive.

11/23/2023Tuskegee Tuskegee@ Alabama St. Alabama St.3-4128,911

09/30/2023Tuskegee Tuskegee@ Alabama A&M Alabama A&M3-5826,391

Side note:

My post got deleted responding to the JSU disrespect about Valley but not the JSU post. Probably don't wanna lose HC if you don't want people bringing it up

View: https://twitter.com/tannerspearman/status/1737927759551430939?t=uJOnVERCtW8jMTIR14JsUA&s=19

Who disrespected lil Valley? Yall average 1-2 wins a season since your inception as a program. My dad played for Valley on scholarship back in the 80s and said it before I did. Truth hurts. We lost homecoming, cool. But yall just lose period and there’s no debating that. Get over it 😂

I look at the Alabama schools, and see how it can be beneficial to host an in state D2 school, particularly if you have a relationship with them. The below attendance numbers, IMHO are quite impressive.

11/23/2023Tuskegee Tuskegee@Alabama St. Alabama St.3-4128,911

09/30/2023Tuskegee Tuskegee@Alabama A&M Alabama A&M3-5826,391
The thing is the AD and others at NCCU should of known that and that is one of the reasons we play WSSU so often. I wonder did the AD really try to talk to some of the in state D2 HBCUs or did they just grab VUL as a cheaper option. ECSU, Fayetteville State, Johnson C. Smith, Shaw, or Livingstone all would have been better options than VUL. The only reason that I have not named St. Aug is because I really don't think they will be around next year giving their accreditation troubles that have been having for awhile and will get a final decision about their appeal in January 2024. St. Aug does not even have a coach and when the last coach got let go and then that press conference happen from the former coach did not paint the school in a good light.

Who disrespected lil Valley? Yall average 1-2 wins a season since your inception as a program. My dad played for Valley on scholarship back in the 80s and said it before I did. Truth hurts. We lost homecoming, cool. But yall just lose period and there’s no debating that. Get over it 😂
😆 🤣 😂 get back to work

11/23/2023Tuskegee Tuskegee@Alabama St. Alabama St.3-4128,911

09/30/2023Tuskegee Tuskegee@Alabama A&M Alabama A&M3-5826,391
I really like our new AD. He's enhanced the game day experience and bringing our attendance up in football and basketball. Maynor azz better bark with a bite this year or him and the basketball coach gonna be packing up hitting the road. 😂

It all depends who NCCU is playing at home as far as the turn out goes. If we are playing a North Carolina school whether it is D2 WSSU, NC A&T, or even PWIs like Campbell University or Elon we are good. Once you start talking about out of state teams then that when it can be hit or miss outside of home coming.

The thing is NCCU is land locked and thus whenever we host a football game or any other event on campus we have to play musical cars having students move their cars to other locations on campus to provide room for the incoming crowds.
This is not true. There is something called game day expenses. You have to sell $6-7K tickets to break even. Your band and students take up AT LEAST 2K seats. So you only making money off of about 1-2K tickets. Im sure you oversell some games to make up for the games that only draw 3 and 4 K but at the end of the day, I cant see you all turning a profit for the year.

I really like our new AD. He's enhanced the game day experience and bringing our attendance up in football and basketball. Maynor azz better bark with a bite this year or him and the basketball coach gonna be packing up hitting the road. 😂
I like AD Bryant as well. It's totally business with him to advance AAMU. That's why AAMU playing in Tuskegee doesn't bother me. It's all about business to benefit AAMU or the deal would not have occurred. If Alabama basketball team and USC basketball team can play Bama State in Montgomery, AAMU can travel to Tuskegee. When it's all said and done, it's business.

Back