SWAC Re-alignment? . . . Serious Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really sad.

I have constantly stated that the SWAC consisted of only 3 and 1/2 teams. It is just like any conference in America. You have weak teams and you have 1 to 4 good teams.

The West will be dominated by GSU.

Each year the East will have a different winner which could consist of one of four teams.

But I will promise you that the only dominate program in the SWAC will be AAMU.

Talk all the ish you want about championships, fan support and any other outdated logic, AAMU is the future of the SWAC.

I agree with Get Ready, the SCG was made for SU, Grambling, and JSU, and the "SWAC ADMINISTRATION" probably sweats it out each year hoping that the game does not end up without at least one of these schools in it.
<br><br>Ok Mighty Dog<br>Who are the 3 1/2 teams you are refering to ?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
GR got it wrong. The SCG was not set up exclusive for the former big three. However, the former big three thought they were going to dominate the SCG. It was good idea until JSU did not make it back. With the balance of power in the East it will be difficult for JSU to get back to the SCG. I stated some time ago on the board that I would like to see some teams moved in the conference to add excitement.

I strongly would like to see this alignment:

West:
GSU
Alabama St.
JSU
PVAM
TSU

East
Alcorn
AAMU
MVSU
SU
UAPB

This will provide a match up between these schools in the SCG

Alcorn/JSU
AAMU/AlSt
SU/GSU

Lewis you know who the half team is.

Originally posted by Mighty Dog
I strongly would like to see this alignment:

West:
GSU
Alabama St.
JSU
PVAM
TSU

East
Alcorn
AAMU
MVSU
SU
UAPB

This will provide a match up between these schools in the SCG

Alcorn/JSU
AAMU/AlSt
SU/GSU

THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN. THE GAMES YOU MENTIONED ARE THE BIGGEST MATCHUPS IN THE SWAC. WHY WOULD THE SCHOOLS WANT TO GIVE THAT UP AND THEN GET RATIONS FROM THE SWAC OFFICE. THOSE GAMES AVERAGE 47 TO 52k IN ATTENDANCE. IF THEY ADD SOME TEAMS, THEN LETS CROSS THAT BRIDGE WHEN AND IF IT HAPPENS. NOT ONE OFFICIAL FROM ANY OF THOSE SCHOOLS WILL GIVE UP THEIR BIGGEST PAYDAY FOR THE SWAC. THE EXPERIMENT IS WORKING, IT HAS ONLY BEEN 3 YEARS.

IN SWAC WE TRUST:D

Originally posted by Get Ready
I dont want to hear the Bama schools talking this and that. The SCG was not created for you....you made it, but thats not what was suppose to happen. JSU and SU have the largest fan base and thats what the SWAC office was trying to take advantage of. If Grambling makes it every now and then, well thats OK too.

If they ever do, you will see the DEMISE of the SCG......especially if they play a Bama school.
so sad!!!!!
:(

btw of the five schools that have played in the SCG, Alabama State had the most fans. Spin it anyway you want!
Originally posted by Lewis
I agree with GR, the SCG was made for SU, Grambling, and JSU
Typical, expected, and _ _ _

What fans mh?

There is no need for spin here. The Bama schools cant and dont generate the excitement and interest fot the SCG. I assure you that the SWAC office wants a recognizable name from the east back in the SCG.

No, the SWAC office would probably want the schools that would bring the most fans to the game. It aint jsu.

btw, when you did go to the game, SU had way more fans than you. Stop trying to ride their coattails.
:snicker:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back