SWAC POW's...Someone Please Explain!

MikeBigg

Congratulations to Robert Kent...your numbers were impressive and from what I've read on the SMACK page so was the performance...[size=4.5]BUT[/size], will someone explain to me the choices for defensive players of the week.

Both co-defensive players of the week were on losing teams. I know it's possible, but let's look at this objectively. The lb from Valley was credited with 10 tackles. But dayum, Einstein...didn't he have a lot of opportunities to make tackles. Sam Houston state scored dayum near 70points. I'm sure they ran a helluva lot of running plays. Plus how far downfield was he blocked prior to making these tackles. The other choice was a db from A&M. His tackle total is not impressive, if he was tackling the guy he was covering after a long completion. Think about it, Kent passes for big numbers (yardage and scores) and this kid makes the tackle after getting torched!

I don't fault the kids, I fault the coaches for nominating them in the first place. This is SAD!!!! I bet Sam Houston State is laughing their azzes off..."We beat MSVU by 50+ and the best defender in the SWAC last week was on that team".

Dude, tell me that an 0-9 DB did not win Defensive POW award.
:emlaugh::emlaugh::emlaugh:

Then again, why are you pissed??? Didn't Hymes win the Offensive POW last week???:rolleyes:

Hey Robber:
Explain why Buffalo is not ranked in the D-IAA polls?? I'm sure you and/or GR have an explanation for that one. Just in case you are searching for an answer.... ( you are not THE "ICON").

Okay, let's be objective. Hymes scored two touchdowns (with one being the game winner) and led his team to a road win against a ranked team. Apparently that was more impressive than the numbers that Kent put up against a Valley squad that was winless and apparently (void of talent).

Hymes total offense numbers were over 200yds passing and 183 rushing with 2 touchdowns, on the road, against a ranked team! School spirit is one thing, but yall are too blind and full of envy to be objective.

But then again, you are from [size=5.5]DKU...don't know university![/size]

If you think Hymes shoulda been POW over Kent last week, then "objective" is a word you should leave out of your vocabulary.

G-Que,

Explain why Grimacing is gonna get tow out the frame as usual in Jackson.

Well if it aint the pot.......
Is this someone from Grambling complaining about POWs? Say it aint so.
How could you?

Hymes total offense numbers were over 200yds passing and 183 rushing with 2 touchdowns, on the road,
Mike, I dont know where you got those numbers, but as I remember,
They are very inflated....didnt Hymes have about 150 yards passing
and 80 yards rushing? That same week, didnt another SWAC QB
account for 50 points in 3 quarters by himself? The SWAC office
apologized to our SID because they "said" :rolleyes: they made a mistake,
but now you want to complain just one week later about the POW? :rolleyes:
Lemme guess, Calvin "Burnt Toast" Spears, should have gotten it right?

Since you are so down on the SWAC office now,
can you admit they made a mistake last week too?

Open your minds! I'm not saying Kent didn't put up good numbers. But those numbers came against a defenseless MSVU squad that gave up 40+ to Delta State (DII). Although, Delta State would probably win the SWAC's Eastern Division.

Hymes had gone out and won a game not just for GSU but for the conference. Admit it, yall didn't think the GMEN would win. But going in, the Cartel did. You didn't hear not one of us offer up a pre-game excuse about the long ride to and from Cincinnati, or concerns about the effect of the time change, or the anxiety of being on a commercial airline for such a long flight, or whatever other excuse that some folk make.

I think the conference folk felt that Hymes was the difference in this game. Taking nothing from Kent, but Hughes could have pulled an LC Cole and thrown for dayum near the same yardage against Valley.

But I tell you what: Let's make a wager...$50 on the GSU/JSU game and another $50 that Kent will not be POW against GSU!!!

I know a sucker bet when I see one. Its obvious that the SWAC office is not going to give this kid his just due. The bar for Kent is high now. If he doesnt throw for 400, the SWAC office is not likely to give him player of the week. Its also going to be difficult for him to earn those honors since he is going to be on the bench in the 4th quarter of the Grambling game chilling again.

All of the silly excuses you just made still doesnt account for the fact that Hymes had a less than mediocre performance against Portland State. He passed for 150 yards maaaaaan. Like you said, Hughes could have pulled a Coles and dressed out and got those pityful numbers against PSU.

Did you read what I said? The SWAC office admitted to Jefferson that they made a mistake in giving Hymes that honor. Let me repeat that....they apologized to Jefferson and admitted they made a mistake, although I think they did it on purpose.

Now on to the game bet.....I will take you up on that. Put your money where your mouth is. And please dont be conveniently absent like you misteriously have been for the last two years. But then again, I dont have to see you. Hell, you can just mail it to me. Wait a minute, you Gram folk have terrible credibility, especially when it comes to paying off debts.

TRW send help....

Good Deal...first of all, I said against Valley not PSU. You know dayum well yall Pississippi folks are sked of PWC's. Secondly, how could I have been absent the past two years, when I wasn't even aware of TSPN's existence until last year. I know things move slow in Mississippi.

As for the bet, I won't need to worry about having cash cuz your azz is had dude! Just make sure Mr. Gilmo let's you pull a double shift during ginning season so you can have my dayum "C" note. I'm gonna run to the nearest liquor store...I'm sure there's plenty of them in Jacktown and buy beer for everyone (except you...I don't drink with losers)!

BTW: Send me your mailing address in my PM...I need to send some $$ for the two cases of beer (I missed yall last year in Grambling and also for this year).

Maaaaaaaan, I can't wait til Oct 20th.

And to think some folks got the gaul to say that Kent will break all of McNair's records.

GR,

The last time you boasted this much on a JSU QB, he was moved to WR. Please don't curse Kent like that.

Originally posted by MikeBigg
Secondly, how could I have been absent the past two years, when I wasn't even aware of TSPN's existence until last year

BTW: Send me your mailing address in my PM...I need to send some $$ for the two cases of beer (I missed yall last year)

Just make sure Mr. Gilmo let's you pull a double shift during ginning season so you can have my dayum "C" note.
Grambling and also for this year).

Can I break this down for you. I know things are a little slow in Louisana, and there arent that many rocket scientist, but follow me.......If you were by your own words absent from the tailgate last year, and you missed us again :rolleyes: this year, some people call this 2 years. Now if you want to deal in semantics, its really only one year and a few days...sheesh

And another thing....its not Mr. Gilmore....its Mr. McDonald...Get it right :redhot:

Gilmo, McDonald, what the difference. Just make sho you save up enuff to pay by "big head hunnerd". I don't care if you have to sell SPAM cans at the recycle center...biatch better have my money!

Lets get an understanding...Im not betting you on the POW for Kent....He is obviously being railroaded by the SWAC office. Now if you want to bet $100 bucks on the game....we can do that.

I almost had ya. Yall sippian's are smarter than I gave you credit. Or did Robber give you a "sidebar" in the forum.

Tell you what? Let's make it $50 on the game and I'll send $50 for beer and vittles. that way, you know dayum well I'm gonna showup...never pass up beer. is there any whitefolks yall can buy some colder ice from?

Anyway...handle yo business this week. I'll let yall alone for a while.

Back