SWAC Indoor Track & Field Results (Scores)

Anonymous

Women - Team Rankings - 15 Events Scored
===============================================================================
1) Southern University 114 2) Alabama State University 100
3) Alcorn State University 84 4) Texas Southern University 73
5) Grambling State University 63 6) University of Arkansas Pi 57
7) Prairie View A&M Universit 30 8) Alabama A&M University 20
9) Jackson State University 18 10) Mississippi Valley State 15

Men - Team Rankings - 16 Events Scored
===============================================================================
1) Alabama State University 103.50 2) Jackson State University 99
3) Grambling State University 87 4) Alcorn State University 76
5) Southern University 70.50 6) Texas Southern University 68
7) University of Arkansas Pin 41 8) Alabama A&M University 38
9) Prairie View A&M Universit 22 10) Mississippi Valley State 16

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Our men's team in on the come up after being on probation. Our girls need to get their act together though.

What's going on at Valley? I mean, do they even want to participate or are part of the track team on the B-ball team?

Originally posted by Blacknbengal
What's going on at Valley? I mean, do they even want to participate or are part of the track team on the B-ball team?

Can we commend Pine Bluff at not being dead last as they normally are. :D

to be perfectly honest with u nobody at Valley really gives a damn about track, that's in general. We have some talent here such as in S.Mason who does well in the women's 800 meters and also plays on the basketball team. As a whole the coaching sucks, people are not running events they are comfortable in and we don't have enough people to compete in all the events to earn the points to at least compete.

Originally posted by Devil's Gun Trigger Man
to be perfectly honest with u nobody at Valley really gives a damn about track, that's in general. We have some talent here such as in S.Mason who does well in the women's 800 meters and also plays on the basketball team. As a whole the coaching sucks, people are not running events they are comfortable in and we don't have enough people to compete in all the events to earn the points to at least compete.

My main man, Devil's Gun Trigger man. I knew you could explain this. Thanks!

We came in 2nd at a track meet?!?! Hell of an improvement since probation hit them. Are we off yet by the way. And I also heard we will be hosting our first outdoor track in Jackson in age's. It that true?

Originally posted by jstate83
We came in 2nd at a track meet?!?! Hell of an improvement since probation hit them. Are we off yet by the way. And I also heard we will be hosting our first outdoor track in Jackson in age's. It that true?

Yep, 2nd place.
Yep, off of probation
Yep, we're hosting our first meet in over 20 years.

The track program is on the upswing. For instance, we just hired a separate coach for the women's team. That'll help. lol!

Originally posted by j-state_tiger06
Yep, 2nd place.
Yep, off of probation
Yep, we're hosting our first meet in over 20 years.

Thanks.

The track program is on the upswing. For instance, we just hired a separate coach for the women's team. That'll help. lol!

Well DAYMMMMM. All the years I knew, 1 coach was pulling double duty. Upgrade in facilities means an upgrade in instruction and events.:cool:

Back