SWAC football on the ESPN family of networks in 2022

SWAC Announces 2022 ESPN Football Schedule
BIRMINGHAM, Ala.- The Southwestern Athletic Conference announced its 2022 SWAC Football ESPN broadcast schedule highlighted by several highly anticipated games slated to be available on ESPN’s linear and digital platforms.

Alabama State will kickoff league coverage during Week Zero on Saturday, August 27th. The Hornets will travel to face the Howard Bison in the 2022 MEAC/SWAC Challenge which is slated to be broadcast live on ESPN at 6:00 p.m. CST.

The schedule of games are also highlighted by several highly anticipated league classics such as the Labor Day Classic featuring Texas Southern at Prairie View A&M, the Magic City Classic featuring Alabama A&M versus Alabama State, the Boombox Classic featuring Southern at Jackson State, the Florida Classic featuring Bethune-Cookman versus Florida A&M.

The 2022 Cricket SWAC Football Championship Game is slated to be shown live on ESPN2 on Saturday, December 3rd at 3:00 pm CST.

The listing of upcoming SWAC football ESPN games that have been announced can be found below.

Additional games are scheduled to be announced later.

Date
Game
Watch
Aug. 27​
Alabama State vs. Howard​
ESPN​
Sept. 3​
Miles at Alabama State​
ESPN+​
Sept. 3​
Texas Southern at Prairie View A&M​
ESPN+​
Sept. 10​
South Carolina State at Bethune-Cookman​
ESPN+​
Sept. 17​
Grambling at Jackson State​
ESPNU​
Sept. 17​
Incarnate Word at Prairie View A&M​
ESPN+​
Sept. 24​
Alabama A&M at Florida A&M​
ESPN+​
Sept. 24​
Grambling State at Bethune-Cookman​
ESPN+​
Sept. 24​
Mississippi Valley State at Jackson State​
ESPN+​
Oct. 8​
Jackson State at Alabama State​
ESPNU​
Oct. 8​
Alcorn State at Mississippi Valley State​
ESPN+​
Oct. 8​
Southern at Prairie View A&M​
ESPN+​
Oct. 15​
Alcorn State at Southern​
ESPN+​
Oct. 22​
Texas Southern at Alcorn State​
ESPN+​
Oct. 29​
Alabama A&M at Alabama State​
TBA​
Oct. 29​
Alcorn State at Grambling State​
ESPN+​
Oct. 29​
Southern at Jackson State​
TBA​
Nov. 3​
Alabama A&M vs. Mississippi Valley State​
ESPNU​
Nov. 4​
Alcorn State at Prairie View A&M​
ESPNU​
Nov. 5​
Southern at Florida A&M​
ESPNU​
Nov. 5​
Jackson State at Texas Southern​
ESPN+​
Nov. 5​
Arkansas-Pine Bluff at Grambling State​
ESPN+​
Nov. 12​
Alabama A&M vs. Jackson State​
ESPN+​
Nov. 12​
Grambling State at Texas Southern​
ESPN+​
Nov. 12​
Mississippi Valley State at Southern​
ESPN+​
Nov. 19​
Jackson State at Alcorn State​
ESPN+​
Nov. 19​
Bethune-Cookman vs. Florida A&M​
ESPNU​
Nov. 24​
Arkansas-Pine Bluff at Alabama State​
ESPN+​
Dec. 3​
Cricket SWAC Football Championship​
ESPN2​

I'm not surprised by the ESPN+ games we got but the number (3 in conference and 2 OOC) and the fact that we actualy got an ESPNU game at HOME. Hopefully we dont end up being a gif again smh

Hopefully we at least get Tiff and Jay for the Alcorn game instead of Jorge smh

I'm not surprised by the ESPN+ games we got but the number (3 in conference and 2 OOC) and the fact that we actualy got an ESPNU game at HOME. Hopefully we dont end up being a gif again smh

Hopefully we at least get Tiff and Jay for the Alcorn game instead of Jorge smh

Hell, our stupid folks seemed to have moved a saturday afternoon game to friday night and it's the friday after our homecoming game. Just like the debacle with the Thanksgiving game last year, we will not have folks returning to campus on a friday. Should have kept it on saturday and they would show up.

Hell, our stupid folks seemed to have moved a saturday afternoon game to friday night and it's the friday after our homecoming game. Just like the debacle with the Thanksgiving game last year, we will not have folks returning to campus on a friday. Should have kept it on saturday and they would show up.

Since coach prime is in houston that weekend he made the call to do that so he can get his shine on 😂

TBH, I dont understand what is so hard abt getting 10-15K fans to a game on a Friday night. Even for those of us who travel to games, we typically fly in on Friday morning or afternoon and you have a huge alumni base in Houston. We have to stop thinking and looking so smalltime.

Sup fellas. Question. What where can I find a schedule of games that are streamed. free via YouTube by league or will there be? Any school streaming free on Facebook?

Valley always streams its home games (football and basketball) for free on Youtube

Edit: Unless they get moved to HBCU Go like HC has been this year

Last edited:
Don't you have to pay for plus?

ESPN+ yes.....
If I didn't get it free with my Verizon phone plan, I wouldn't be paying extra for it.

Sup fellas. Question. What where can I find a schedule of games that are streamed. free via YouTube by league or will there be? Any school streaming free on Facebook?

The league doesn't stream any football games on their YouTube channel. There are a few schools that do stream their games on YouTube.

ESPN+ yes.....
If I didn't get it free with my Verizon phone plan, I wouldn't be paying extra for it.

The league doesn't stream any football games on their YouTube channel. There are a few schools that do stream their games on YouTube.
I ain't paying for that isht. Our games should be free.

Ok peeps. Other than Valley, who streams home games for free on YouTube? I'm a teacher....so I'm poor right now...😭😔😜😁 Got to get my schedule ready

SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY
Football: All 9 of our Division 1 games will be nationally televised. Six will appear on the ESPN family of networks, while one each will appear on NBC, SEC Network, and HBCU Go. If the two games against Division 2 competition are televised, they most likely will be shown on the school's Youtube channel for a nominal fee.
Basketball: All home contests for both men & women, not appearing on other nation-wide platforms, can be viewed on the school's Youtube channel for $9.95 per contest.
Baseball: Home contests can be seen on the school's Youtube channel for $9.95.
Volleyball: I think I heard the A.D. say that volleyball would be added to the streaming lineup this year for a fee..

Last edited:
SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY
Football: All 9 of our Division 1 games will be nationally televised. Six will appear on the ESPN family of networks, while one each will apear on NBC, SEC Network, and HBCU Go. If the two games against Division] 2 competition are televised, they most likely will be shown on the school's Youtube channel for a nominal fee.
Basketball: All home contests for both men & women, not appearing on other nation-wide platforms, can be viewed on the school's Youtube channel for $9.95 per contest.
Baseball: Home contests can be seen on the school's Youtube channel for $9.95.
Volleyball: I think I heard the A.D. say that volleyball would be added to the streaming lineup this year for a fee..

The two sub D-1 games will be on the Jaguar Sports Network App for about the amount you quoted.

Ok peeps. Other than Valley, who streams home games for free on YouTube? I'm a teacher....so I'm poor right now...😭😔😜😁 Got to get my schedule ready

Not sure how things will be this year but remembering from the past you could get grambling, aamu, bama st, valley, bcu, uapb on YouTube. FAMU was on Facebook. alcorn, jsu, southern charges for their game. stu was on a AT&T regional broadcast channel. I think PV will be on ESPN+ for all their games. UAPB did theirs

Back