SWAC earns FCS game attendance title for 2018

Keep in mind that the SWAC also won the 'home attendance' numbers race which has not always been the case even during the current 'streak' of conference attendance crowns... for curious minds, the NCAA does indicate, "Conference attendance includes home games and neutral site contests between two teams in the same conference." (Credit: NCAA Attendance)

HOME GAMES
Alabama A&M 4 50,086 12,522
Alabama St 4 64,293 16,073
Alcorn 6 91,103 15,184
Ark Pine Bluff 5 28,435 5,687
Grambling 4 32,738 8,185
Jackson St 4 99,079 24,770
MVSU 4 15,580 3,895
Prairie View 4 34,620 8,655
Southern 4 75,212 18,803
Texas Southern 4 21,773 4,355

43 gm 512,919 11,928

Keep in mind that the SWAC also won the 'home attendance' numbers race which has not always been the case even during the current 'streak' of conference attendance crowns... for curious minds, the NCAA does indicate, "Conference attendance includes home games and neutral site contests between two teams in the same conference." (Credit: NCAA Attendance)

You come in here every year and try to discredit our fans for attending "neutral site" games. If your games were in so much demand to play at these huge neutral site venues, y'all would be doing it too. Look what y'all are doing with the "Battle of the Piney Woods" game, by playing it in NRG. Y'all let a outside promoter (Lone Star Sports Entertainment) take our model and do the same thing. I don't hear you complaining about that.

You come in here every year and try to discredit our fans for attending "neutral site" games. If your games were in so much demand to play at these huge neutral site venues, y'all would be doing it too. Look what y'all are doing with the "Battle of the Piney Woods" game, by playing it in NRG. Y'all let a outside promoter (Lone Star Sports Entertainment) take our model and do the same thing. I don't hear you complaining about that.

*crickets*

The truth is a mf'er when it busts one squarely in the mouth. shsu enrollment ~ 22K+ and cannot get 3500 fans to attend its football games. Pitiful.

I sure hope he isn't on anyone's police force with his mindset....smh

HOME GAMES
Alcorn 6 91,103 15,184
Grambling 4 32,738 8,185
MVSU 4 15,580 3,895
Southern 4 75,212 18,803

43 gm 512,919 11,928
SU's attendance only counted 'true home' games. The Bayou Classic and the game in Dallas were not counted.

HOME GAMES
Alcorn 6 91,103 15,184
Grambling 4 32,738 8,185
MVSU 4 15,580 3,895
Southern 4 75,212 18,803

43 gm 512,919 11,928

Basically you are proving a point for the SWAC. We can play in neutral sites and draw a huge crowd unlike other conferences.

The other interesting thing about the SWAC Is that when Southern or Grambling plays FBS programs sometimes these games are the first sell out games for their schools. Note ULM and Tech.... now I am putting down the other SWAC schools I just am not sure of the numbers.

Going forward, Abilene Christian is about to run the Southland. They've already beaten SHSU, already average more fans than SHSU, will EASILY have the best athletic facility in the entire conference, is just about the wealthiest school in the conference, located in a city of 100k +. Alot of up side.

Going forward, Abilene Christian is about to run the Southland. They've already beaten SHSU, already average more fans than SHSU, will EASILY have the best athletic facility in the entire conference, is just about the wealthiest school in the conference, located in a city of 100k +. Alot of up side.

This is true ^^^^^.

He's incorrect anyway. We played 4 home games for that 18,000 average. Our 2 neutral site games against TXSU in Dallas and that school up North in the Bayou Classic weren't included in our average.

Basically you are proving a point for the SWAC. We can play in neutral sites and draw a huge crowd unlike other conferences.

The other interesting thing about the SWAC Is that when Southern or Grambling plays FBS programs sometimes these games are the first sell out games for their schools. Note ULM and Tech.... now I am putting down the other SWAC schools I just am not sure of the numbers.
The stuff he posted doesn't reflect the neutral site games, at least not for us.

If what he posted is right, the SWAC has been cheating ourselves for YEARS by not including the BC, MMC, SFC, etc... even going back to the Alcorn was the home team in Jackson. Alcorn never got credit. and the year the SWAC didnt win, I bet if we went back and added in those numbers, we would have won. The ADs and SIDs need to check on this.

If what he posted is right, the SWAC has been cheating ourselves for YEARS by not including the BC, MMC, SFC, etc... even going back to the Alcorn was the home team in Jackson. Alcorn never got credit. and the year the SWAC didnt win, I bet if we went back and added in those numbers, we would have won. The ADs and SIDs need to check on this.

Marion Casem would never forget to include the Bayou Classic in Southern U. attendance numbers when we were the home team. The Godfather was very particular about detail. I really felt like he was a very good administrator in that regards. I remember one time ABC tried to financially low ball S.U. on a t.v. game against JSU and he told them to go to hell....LOL Pete Richardson was an outstanding football coach and he always new though that Big Casem was watching.

Back