Swac Conference Basketball Games Postponed

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it looks like the season is getting off to a bad start already.

Alabama A&M and Texas Southern Pause Men's Basketball Activities

BIRMINGHAM, Ala.- The Men’s Basketball games scheduled between Alcorn State and Texas Southern along with Southern and Texas Southern initially slated to be played on Saturday, January 2 and Monday, January 4 respectively, have been postponed due to a positive COVID-19 test and subsequent quarantining of student-athletes among the TSU program.

The Men’s Basketball games scheduled between Jackson State and Alabama A&M along with Grambling State and Alabama A&M initially slated to be played on Saturday, January 2 and Monday, January 4 respectively, have been postponed due to a positive COVID-19 test and subsequent quarantining of student-athletes among the AAMU program.

These actions follow the guidelines and protocols set by the league and its COVID-19 Advisory Committee.

Make up dates for the games have not been determined at this time.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I still say playing each conference team is crazy....... only play the teams in your division (use football division).... and play them 2 times at home (back to back days) and 2 times away (back to back)...

Grambling State Pauses Women's Basketball Activities

BIRMINGHAM, Ala.- The Women’s Basketball games scheduled between Alabama State and Grambling State along with Alabama A&M and Grambling State initially slated to be played on Saturday, January 2 and Monday, January 4 respectively, have been postponed due to a positive COVID-19 test and subsequent quarantining of student-athletes among the GSU program.

The action follows the guidelines and protocols set by the league and its COVID-19 Advisory Committee.

Make up dates for the games have not been determined at this time

So...TXSU, AAMU and Grambling basketball teams have positive COVID test results.

This is why I really dont think it will be a swac spring football season, Schools are about to bring back close to 90 something football players next week to begin preparation for the spring season, not to mention baseball, volleyball and softball athletes will be returning as well in the coming weeks. Either the seasons will be canceled all together or we will be having a helluva lot of canceled games just like basketball is having. An outbreak on somebodies campus is bound to happen. God Forbid

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
This is why I really dont think it will be a swac spring football season, Schools are about to bring back close to 90 something football players next week to begin preparation for the spring season, not to mention baseball, volleyball and softball athletes will be returning as well in the coming weeks. Either the seasons will be canceled all together or we will be having a helluva lot of canceled games just like basketball is having. An outbreak on somebodies campus is bound to happen. God Forbid
Oh we may as well cancel that...

Coaches need to be fired at Grambling, A&M & TxSu. Irresponsible. They’re not wearing their masks. Our kids don’t deserve this. Attempted murder charges on all the staff. I know @Kenn Rashad is outraged and is burning the midnight oil getting his articles ready.

Coaches need to be fired at Grambling, A&M & TxSu. Irresponsible. They’re not wearing their masks. Our kids don’t deserve this. Attempted murder charges on all the staff. I know @Kenn Rashad is outraged and is burning the midnight oil getting his articles ready.
Great! Let me know when the article is ready. Send it to me and I will publish it as a guest column.

Texas Southern Pauses Women's Basketball Activities

BIRMINGHAM, Ala.- The women’s basketball games scheduled between Alcorn State and Texas Southern along with Southern and Texas Southern initially slated to be played on Saturday, January 2 and Monday, January 4 respectively, have been postponed due to a positive COVID-19 test and subsequent quarantining of student-athletes among the TSU program.

This action follows the guidelines and protocols set by the league and its COVID-19 Advisory Committee.

Make up dates for the games have not been determined at this time.

Southern Pauses Men's Basketball Activities

BIRMINGHAM, Ala.- The men’s basketball game scheduled between Prairie View A&M and Southern initially slated to be played on Saturday, January 2 has been postponed due to a positive COVID-19 test and subsequent quarantining of student-athletes among the SU program.

This action follows the guidelines and protocols set by the league and its COVID-19 Advisory Committee.

A lot of schools are playing today GSU vs ASU will be streamed on the Bama St Athletics YouTube page.

Back