Swac Conference Basketball Games Postponed

The Valley game was postponed due to weather. We got a nice amount of snow by Mississippi standards. I think it could have been played today but it is better to be cautious than not

Alabama A&M Pauses Women's Basketball Activities

BIRMINGHAM, Ala.- The women’s basketball game scheduled between Alabama State and Alabama A&M initially slated to be played on Saturday, January 16 has been postponed due to a positive COVID-19 test and subsequent quarantining of student-athletes among the Alabama A&M program.

My son's JV basketball team had a game against the first place team that beat by 2 today, but it is canceled because 2 of their kids tested positive, my son and all his team mates were negative, they warm up and play in their masks the other team didn't, not sure if that was the difference, but seems likely

The Prairie View A&M women's basketball team has opted out of its upcoming contest versus Alabama A&M, initially slated for January 30, amid concerns stemming from COVID-19 protocols and contact tracing within the PVAMU women's basketball program.

I'm still surprised the regional bubble option was never given any real serious consideration.

As long as teams continue to play normally, there will continue to be postponements. We know the 8 teams that will be playing (we know Valley will be an #8 seed no matter what) but it's gonna be interesting to see how a regular season champ will be crowned when you could have some teams with 14-16 games under their belt while others possibly might not have 10

There’s no way to even crown a champion at this point - just get games in regionally and focus on the tournament at this point

I wonder will there have to be a East-West Bubble then send those winners to Birmingham for the finals. It's hard to fathom seeing 8 women's and men's teams coming together in Birmingham for the Swac tournament. Those teams will have to test everyday with a rapid test and pray everyone comes out negative. I can see some lower seed teams opt out before getting to that point.

The SWAC just needs to find a way to send the regular season champ (PV) to the NCAA. Makes no sense sending teams to Birmingham and have a covid outbreak that eliminates the conference rep from competing in the big dance

Both Men's & Women's contest to be played on Feb 6,2021 between Prairie View A&M and Texas Southern has been postponed due to Covid protocols.

EtghaylXAAcoTHN

Damn, money and major exposure missed. You would think they would have quarantined the team for this game. I kept my son negative by keeping him isolated from us while we are home and now he made through the whole JV season and is playing in his championship this saturday. This is a major fumble for PV smh

Back