Swac Conference Basketball Games Postponed

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Football season is going to be just as bad, I fear.
I think we will be in a much better place by the time Fall rolls around. On the other hand, this Spring fling thing will be no different than the circumstances would have been in the Fall of 2020...only maybe worse.

Alcorn State Pauses Men's Basketball Activities

BIRMINGHAM, Ala.- The men’s basketball game scheduled between Prairie View A&M and Alcorn State initially slated to be played on Monday, January 4 has been postponed due to a positive COVID-19 test and subsequent quarantining of student-athletes among the Alcorn State program.

This action follows the guidelines and protocols set by the league and its COVID-19 Advisory Committee.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Alabama A&M Pauses Men's Basketball Activities

BIRMINGHAM, Ala.- The men’s basketball games scheduled between Mississippi Valley State and Alabama A&M along with Arkansas-Pine Bluff and Alabama A&M initially slated to be played on Saturday, January 9 and Monday, January 11 respectively, have been postponed due to a positive COVID-19 test and subsequent quarantining of student-athletes among the AAMU program.

Alabama A&M Pauses Men's Basketball Activities

BIRMINGHAM, Ala.- The men’s basketball games scheduled between Mississippi Valley State and Alabama A&M along with Arkansas-Pine Bluff and Alabama A&M initially slated to be played on Saturday, January 9 and Monday, January 11 respectively, have been postponed due to a positive COVID-19 test and subsequent quarantining of student-athletes among the AAMU program.

I know it has been frustrating for Valley fans to not see their team in person this season but not allowing fans in person at home games appears to be the right move to avoid any COVID positives

I know I say this every week... but please just END the season ..... no way in hell we are going to be able to make up all these games.

Yea its not looking good. If they cancel bball then every other spring sport will follow.

I know I say this every week... but please just END the season ..... no way in hell we are going to be able to make up all these games.

they don’t care @DAHILL. They know if they cancel basketball then they HAVE to cancel football too. And they don’t want to do that again. That’s why I’m not even worried about it.

Back