SWAC Commissioner's Conference (Houston)

C-LeB28

From the Harris County Houston Sports Authority

We are pleased to announce that the 2004 SWAC Spring Sports Championships will take place in Houston, TX.

SWAC Commissioner Robert Vowels, Jr, CEO of the Harris County -Houston Sports Authority Oliver Luck and Greater Houston Convention & Visitor's Bureau CEO Jordy Tollet made the announcement of the following events that will take place within the Houston area:

TENNIS
Westside Tennis Club
April 29th - May 1st

GOLF
Gus Worthan Park
April 28th - May 1st

SOFTBALL & BASEBALL
Baseball USA
Championsip baseball game will be held at Minute Maid Park*
May 6th - May 9th

TRACK & FIELD
Texas Southern University
May 5th - May 8th

We are excited about the SWAC Spring Sports Championships and look forward to you joining the celebration.

Originally posted by C-LeB28
From the Harris County Houston Sports Authority We are pleased to announce that the 2004 SWAC Spring Sports Championships will take place in Houston, TX.

TRACK & FIELD
Texas Southern University
May 5th - May 8th

:jump: :jump: :jump:

Surely this is some homecooking going on!

BluPanther, post those stats you had about track events being stacked and staying on campus blah blah blah. :rolleyes:

Must've been a good pkg H-town. Good job. :tup:

Step up or step off.

Originally posted by C-LeB28
From the Harris County Houston Sports Authority

SOFTBALL & BASEBALL
Baseball USA
Championsip baseball game will be held at Minute Maid Park*
May 6th - May 9th

Well now we know what BP meant when he said the roof will be open.

Way to go H-Town. The Track & Field events should be well attended.

the commish also said there are some other "deals" in the works but he would not elaborate....

I like this guy already

Originally posted by Blu Panther
.......I like this guy already

:tup: Yep! Me too. Anybody who brings the SWAC Track and Field Championship back to Houston is OK in my book.

I like the change of venue. I walked by TSU's track complex yesterday and was just thinking how good of a job they have did with the facility.

Glad to see Houston get a chance to represent.

SOFTBALL & BASEBALL
Baseball USA
Championship baseball game will be held at Minute Maid Park*
May 6th - May 9th

I can tell you that Baseball USA is a beautiful facilty. It has several fields for all ages and the fields are kept in immaculate condition. My son has played in some tournaments over there and that place has it all. I think the championship game will be a big empty place, but it will be a great facilty for teams to play in.

Baseball USA

Entrance.jpg

AerialField4Softball.jpg

ManicuredFields.jpg

Field Playing Surfaces

All fields at Baseball USA "The Yard" are sodded with 419 Bermuda turf, making for a hardy, but smooth playing surface. "The Yard's" own maintenance crew maintains all fields year round.

SoftballUSA.jpg

Softball USA

Behind the pavilion area sits Softball USA. Four manicured softball fields have been host to college softball games, as well as, younger age baseball. The Shortstop Cafe sits in the middle of the four-plex of fields, which is covered by a protective net that allows for safe viewing of games.

Back