SWAC Basketball Games Jan. 16 - Jan. 18

Men's Basketball Final
SU 102
MVSU 61

Sidearm stats has somehow reversed the scoring, but SU won the game.

Chris Powell (on WXOK) said that there was some confusion with teams at the beginning of the game and mentioned something like that may happen if they didn't get it right.

This Jagwar team is more talented than thought - they could surprise the league!
I have been following this team very closely since last year. They felt certain that they would have won the conference tournament and advanced to the tourney but for the pandemic. They were the hottest team in the conference at the point the season ended, having won 8 in a row. They were the second seed in the tourney, and finished the regular season only one game short of a tie for 1st place with PV. SU had the second best hbcu recruiting class last season behind Howard, replacing the loss of its 2 big men with transfers from Southern Cal, Arizona State, Northeast Oklahoma, Wisconsin-Milwaukee and Howard. They returned this season hungry for a championship. While their preseason record is not impressive, I think it can be attributed to the fact that half of the team are new players who had not yet had the opportunity to jell. I think you are starting to see what this team can be now that it has 8 games under its belt. I would not be surprised if SU won it all this season.

I believe you all can sweep jsu this year. We'll see.....

Look at this shyt here 😆. Did y'all really let that sorry bama team beat y'all. I think you need to remove that "j" above after that loss. I don't want to hear you say shyt else about basketball lol.

Look at this shyt here 😆. Did y'all really let that sorry bama team beat y'all. I think you need to remove that "j" above after that loss. I don't want to hear you say shyt else about basketball lol.

We are still all of your "Daddy." The sunshine even shines on a dog's behind every now and then.....LOL

We are still all of your "Daddy." The sunshine even shines on a dog's behind every now and then.....LOL

So you calling bama state a dog's arse lol.

Yall ain't our daddy lately lol. Im sure Brent got that last win. Before you talk about valley sweeping us im gone need you to have your house in order lol

Back