SWAC Basketball - Alabama State vs. Georgia Tech

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
mighty hornet said:
Why in da world did those idiots at Yech (yeah TP, Supe, I said idiots) put the game at 5:30?

btw, it's sold out

Say it ain't so. I was looking forward to that game. I couldn't find it on Ticketmaster. Is the Alabama game sold out as well?

Killer Bees said:
Say it ain't so.
Yup KB,
It's sold out. (actually all of Yech's games are sold out. They have one of the smallest arenas of any of the schools in the major conferences. They're smalltime like that! :smh: LOL!!!!!!

Seriously, check on ebay for tickets. There was an auction for some yesterday. I didnt see any today though. May be some before the week is out.

I don't know about the Bama game.

mighty hornet said:
Yup KB,
It's sold out. (actually all of Yech's games are sold out. They have one of the smallest arenas of any of the schools in the major conferences. They're smalltime like that! :smh: LOL!!!!!!

Seriously, check on ebay for tickets. There was an auction for some yesterday. I didnt see any today though. May be some before the week is out.

I don't know about the Bama game.
Man, the Thriller Dome is the best setting to watch a college basketball game. I am looking for ACC Tourney tix now in DC. Hewitt team is loaded. We will be in St Louis this year...Tech is the new king of the ACC!

GSUperTiger, you are so correct. I have been in the thrillerdome more than once for high school and college games. It is a great place to watch hoops.

Yeah, Yech has all the ingredients to have a damn good team this year, but I dont know about all that king of the ACC stuff just yet.

Knowing the history of Tech, I wouldnt be all that surprised if they flopped this year (even with the team they have)

besides, they'll be starting the season off with a big fat L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A HORNET is bigger, badder, and meaner than a lil ole yellow jacket.
:lol:

mighty hornet said:
Yeah, Yech has all the ingredients to have a damn good team this year, but I dont know about all that king of the ACC stuff just yet.

Knowing the history of Tech, I wouldnt be all that surprised if they flopped this year (even with the team they have)

besides, they'll be starting the season off with a big fat L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A HORNET is bigger, badder, and meaner than a lil ole yellow jacket.
:lol:
LOL! No such thing as a flop in b-ball. Tech always has a General leading the Wreck -- we are point guard U!

Mark Price, Kenny Anderson, Travis Best, Stephon Marbury, now Jarret Jack (actually Tony Akins was pretty damn good too (PG before Jack).

GSUperTiger said:
LOL! No such thing as a flop in b-ball.
You must have forgot jsue's bball team last year. They had the biggest flop (thanks mh) in the history of the SWAC

As for Yech, you better hope Hewitt sticks around. If so, he may build something there that would rival the elite programs. I like the team he has this year. (but it wont help much on Friday though. LOL )

G,

It is interesting that you undergraduate and graduate teams both have received heart breaks from the Mighty Jaguars..........What are the odds :lol:

JROCK said:
G,

It is interesting that you undergraduate and graduate teams both have received heart breaks from the Mighty Jaguars..........What are the odds :lol:
My destiny was always Tech, but I was a honorary Jag that day. The day was a Friday (after school) and overcast -- dem runnin, gunnin' Jags made history. Jobe knew Cremins and his style like a book being his former assistant. I guess the euphoria was too much because the Jags lost to an inferior GW team to end the Sweet 16 hopes. GW had Yinka Dare and a short PG (I forget his name).

:topic: Speaking of Ben Jobe, man he had a fine ass daughter. She use to help out at his basketball camps. Man, I got MVP of the camp with her looking on from the stands. Had to show the country Scotlandville boys how we play basketball in Donaldsonville. Waaaaaaa -- man these were the good ole days - LOL!

GSUperTiger said:
My destiny was always Tech, but I was a honorary Jag that day. The day was a Friday (after school) and overcast -- dem runnin, gunnin' Jags made history. Jobe knew Cremins and his style like a book being his former assistant. I guess the euphoria was too much because the Jags lost to an inferior GW team to end the Sweet 16 hopes. GW had Yinka Dare and a short PG (I forget his name).

:topic: Speaking of Ben Jobe, man he had a fine ass daughter. She use to help out at his basketball camps. Man, I got MVP of the camp with her looking on from the stands. Had to show the country Scotlandville boys how we play basketball in Donaldsonville. Waaaaaaa -- man these were the good ole days - LOL!

I remember that Sunday loss to GW. I remember Walton Payton making a grand entrance to watch his nephew from S.U. Terry Thame play. Jobe elected to allow a senior that wasn't a starter start that game and S.U. fell behind by 10 early on. They closed the gap but never over came the opening deficit.

I remember that first rounder against GA. Tech. After the game I went around the corner to Whispers (in New Orleans) and turned that place out. Made sure that the whole club new what had just happen. You are talking about one hype night! :lol:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back