SWAC Bands

MightyDog

How can the half time performance be extended to 15 minutes each? Too expensive for bands to travel and we only get to see them for a few minutes. Not too many fans hang around for the 5th quarter.

How can the half time performance be extended to 15 minutes each? Too expensive for bands to travel and we only get to see them for a few minutes. Not too many fans hang around for the 5th quarter.
I doubt they will increase the time

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Honestly I think the way songs are these days and bands a 15 min show is a no-no some bands are boring alone with 5-8 mins each and that's just facts. Only a few bands give a damn about the field show and that's bad too they so worried about stands

I wonder if with the addition of FAMU, will Jsu stop doing their best to look and sound like S.U. and go back to their cotton hat, band uniforms. Perhaps FAMU will give them the motivation to go back to their roots. LOL

1599848206348.png

Imagine sitting through 15 minutes of an AAMU halftime show. You’d be bored to death within first 2 minutes.

Grambling has that big circus drum & dance feature

JSU has the tiger run on & Rock The House

PV has the funk box or whatever their drum line is called

SU has the backbend & white boy squad

We have the Honey Beez

FAMU has the best picture drills

what in the hell is the MMW known for during halftime? Y’all may be the only HBCU band in the country that gives people the opportunity to go to the restroom & concession stands during halftime.

and nobody goes to football games at AAMU besides the family of football players & they don’t give a damn about the band. Kids will be out there wasting their energy for nothing

I wonder if with the addition of FAMU, will Jsu stop doing their best to look and sound like S.U. and go back to their cotton hat, band uniforms. Perhaps FAMU will give them the motivation to go back to their roots. LOL

View attachment 10486
You got us confused with all these other bands lol. We don't sound anything like SU

Lol you caught that too? dude said " We got the honey bears"

some of us like em big. And they get house every performance.

who the hell stays to watch a AAMU halftime show.

they might as well let the local high school up there perform at halftime im sure it’ll be more entertaining.

y’all been getting waxed on the field and the stands for 50 damn years at the classic. And now Stillman, Dega & Miles have surpassed you all. I look forward to going against them than the MMW. At least they put up a battle.

But hey y’all can compete with Tuskegee.

some of us like em big. And they get house every performance.

who the hell stays to watch a AAMU halftime show.

they might as well let the local high school up there perform at halftime im sure it’ll be more entertaining.

y’all been getting waxed on the field and the stands for 50 damn years at the classic. And now Stillman, Dega & Miles have surpassed you all. I look forward to going against them than the MMW. At least they put up a battle.

But hey y’all can compete with Tuskegee.

Lies lol

its a big fat NO for me. 15 minutes....maybe for homecoming only...which is already extended anyway.

10 minutes is plenty. Cut out the slow tunes. Very rarely do I enjoy them altho some have really showed out with them.

I can recall back in the day BOTH Grambling and Texas Southern band's performing Freddie Jackson's Rock Me Tonite complete with lead and background singers...that was well worth it and the brothas were blowing too.

Otherwise, I don't wanna hear 'Charlene' and another Charlie Wilson "There Goes My Baby" during halftime again EVER.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back