Surviving R. Kelly

giphy.gif

The pastor undercut the point he was trying to make by suggesting folks don't care about black girls despite the fact R. Kelly is being scrutinized for violating black girls.

And tweets aren't necessarily a fair representation to gauge the level of interest people have about certain topics or events, either, considering less than 10 percent of the world's population are active Twitter users.

Man at some point folks need to move on. Black folks got way to many problems in our community to be worried about R Kelly.

A lot of these folk in this documentary seemed to have found integrity and a moral compass either after the money has dried up or they were promised something to lend their voice to this campaign.

A lot of these folk get the stank eye from me... How many times can say that you were naive or knew something was wrong or not right; but still do nothing.

This is a documentary that no one is going to see...

This is not remotely the same as a 3 night 6 hour prime time special on basic cable tv...

That's the point folks are making...

Weinstein has been brought up on recent criminal charges... R. Kelly has not...

Why not go after & use resources and platform to go after Weinstein?

R. Kelly was acquitted of his last criminal case was he not?

Y'all moving the goal post now? SAD!!!

Welp!

Last edited:
A lot of these folk in this documentary seemed to have found integrity and a moral compass either after the money has dried up or they were promised something to lend their voice to this campaign.

A lot of these folk get the stank eye from me... How many times can say that you were naive or knew something was wrong or not right; but still do nothing.
I am not making excuses for Robert, nor am I defending his actions, but he was surrounded by enablers. There were people turning blind eyes to his behavior, and that is as bad as committing the act IMO. It is all reprehensible. We MUST protect our black girls and women.... WE MUST!!!!

I am not making excuses for Robert, nor am I defending his actions, but he was surrounded by enablers. There were people turning blind eyes to his behavior, and that is as bad as committing the act IMO. It is all reprehensible. We MUST protect our black girls and women.... WE MUST!!!!

Agreed...

This is a documentary that no one is going to see...

This is not remotely the same as a 3 night 6 hour prime time special on basic cable tv...

That's the point folks are making...

Weinstein has been brought up on recent criminal charges... R. Kelly has not...

Why not go after & use resources and platform to go after Weinstein?

R. Kelly was acquitted of his last criminal case was he not?

Y'all moving the goal post now? SAD!!!

Welp!

1. What do you mean no one will see it? Sundance has a GLOBAL audience.

2. While R. Kelly has not been brought up on charges, everyone who knows him or is familiar with him in some way can acknowledge dude is a child predator (and got off). And because of that, this story won't go away.

3. As far as the notion that no one is going after Weinstein, well ...folks tend to share perspectives from the lense of their own community. R.Kelly was and STILL is a very prominent figure within Black America who also did terrible things to black girls. And it was Dream Hampton -- a black woman -- who decided to create the documentary because of what the subject matter involves.

Maybe that question should be directed at White America as to why THEY won't go after THEIR trash.

1. What do you mean no one will see it? Sundance has a GLOBAL audience.

2. While R. Kelly has not been brought up on charges, everyone who knows him or is familiar with him in some way can acknowledge dude is a child predator (and got off). And because of that, this story won't go away.

3. As far as the notion that no one is going after Weinstein, well ...folks tend to share perspectives from the lense of their own community. R.Kelly was and STILL is a very prominent figure within Black America who also did terrible things to black girls. And it was Dream Hampton -- a black woman -- who decided to create the documentary because of what the subject matter involves.

Maybe that question should be directed at White America as to why THEY won't go after THEIR trash.

You doing a whole lotta splainin bruh...

Sundance is global for those in attendance.

Holla at me when it makes it to a major network or basic cable tv in the states...

R. Kelly has not been brought up on charges but you got major networks and media trying to make the black males the face of sexual predators...

Make it make sense!

Last edited:
You doing a whole lotta splainin bruh...

Sundance is global for those in attendance.

Holla at me when it makes it to a major network or basic cable tv in the states...

!
The Weinstein documentary was ALSO on PBS. EVERYBODY GOT PBS. IT IS THE MOST BASIC ASS CHANNEL YOU CAN HAVE.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/weinstein/

Like I said earlier, your ilk does not care about about the victims at all. The whataboutism game ya'll play is lame and tired as hell.

The Weinstein documentary was ALSO on PBS. EVERYBODY GOT PBS. IT IS THE MOST BASIC ASS CHANNEL YOU CAN HAVE.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/weinstein/

Like I said earlier, your ilk does not care about about the victims at all. The whataboutism game ya'll play is lame and tired as hell.

Give me a break... You know damn well the mainstream media hasn't pushed this Weinstein documentary like this R. Kelly series.

That's the reason it was put on PBS. To bury it.

You have no idea how I feel about the women....

Keep making baseless claims eazy...

Miss me with the fake outrage & concern....

Last edited:
Man folks need to stop it. R. Kelly is a sick ass human being and this has nothing to do with Weinstein or whoever else. This is why nobody takes us seriously now. We protest when white folks do us wrong but protect these assholes like R. Kelly when they do us wrong. Call a spade a spade. This sick SOB should be locked up or worse. This man pissing in a 14 year old girl’s mouth and marrying 15 year olds. Stop the madness.

First let me say that R. Kelly is a sick man and has serious issues. To be clear he is a POS and a scumbag. I'm saying that there are plenty of WM out here doing and have done the same thing who are not getting the Bill Cosby & R. Kelly treatment.

I don't want this narrative that all black men are sexual predators pushed in today's society where they already see us as one big negro in the media thats all.

I watched the series and found some of it believable in regards to some of the young women but I call bullshyt on some of the parents taking their daughter to a R. Kelly concert to be discovered in 2015 or a grown azz 33 yo woman quitting her job to go tour with R. Kelly. It just don't add up & I don't believe some of the older adults were a victim and that includes his ex-wife.

Last edited:
Back