Study: Bee venom Kills HIV

Hopefully this will work and cure people with HIV. What if the person has full blown AIDs?

Well this years away from being anything of substance. This is very preliminary work, and lots of things that kill HIV in test tubes fail to do so in cells or in people. In any case, even if it is successful, it will likely be no different in terms of effectiveness that current treatments that can suppressed HIV to undetectable levels. The next frontier is not discovering how to kill the virus, it's discovering how to kill the virus in its "hiding places" such as certain immune cells.

Well this years away from being anything of substance. This is very preliminary work, and lots of things that kill HIV in test tubes fail to do so in cells or in people. In any case, even if it is successful, it will likely be no different in terms of effectiveness that current treatments that can suppressed HIV to undetectable levels. The next frontier is not discovering how to kill the virus, it's discovering how to kill the virus in its "hiding places" such as certain immune cells.

One of things that I participate in is studies of where the hiding places are....I and a number of Hemophiliacs who are HIV positive have lived with it for quite sometime. Many of them have families whose wives and children are not HIV positive. Concerning the Bee issue I am allergic to Bee venom which is why I would not participate in that study.

Back