stu looking to leave SWAC for Southland?

What makes you think the SWAC, (which by the way has a losing record against the Southland) is better in football? Grambling has the highest winning percentage against the Southland, and it’s still not a winning record. The SWAC is arguably the worst conference in FCS.

I'm talking about attendance and $$$ which matters most on a FCS level. I know Southland football is better than the SWAC

Well, the swac is constantly rated as one of the bottom 3 fcs conferences. Getting mad or talking trash about a school for exploring other options, well...

So I guess we should do like the now defunct Negro Baseball League and completely do away with D1 HBCU Conferences or change our mental philosophy and try to build up the SWAC and MEAC Conferences. Or maybe some of us can't break the Stockholm Syndrome and we will always believe that them other folks ice and sugar are colder and sweeter.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Because it's been known for the last 5+ years that the SLC actually wants PVAMU due to its system connectivity AND its current growing trend academically and athletically. The regional travel schedule vs the SWAC travel schedule/budget/time related, all of that is a given that the SLC would be a better fit for PVAMU, as it would also sTu.

The SWAC, as it stands today, is a conference that is purely legacy driven vs financially driven. The distance between PVAMU and AAMU.... PVAMU and Alabama State U... financially senseless. There is nothing "western" about Alabama lol.

East-division super conference:
Grambling State
Southern
McNeese
Nichols St
NwST
SELA
SFA

West-division super conference:
PVAMU
sTu
Lamar
HBU
SHSU
IWU
ACU

Travel friendly, budget friendly, regional natural rivalries, divisional rivalries, ... *whistling*
Nope, leave Southern out of this, we are fine where we are thank you very much. lol

Texas Southern and Howard have the same big issue. Gentrification. This about more than football. This is is about changing the overall make up of the school. I live on a street that was totally occupied byAfrican Americans seven years ago, now I am a minority.

There are four new high schools within a 10 minute drive from my house. This is about changing the face of Third Ward & Riverside Terrace.

The ad is a pain, but if more donations were submitted. Sending my donation today, you got my attention.

Texas Southern and Howard have the same big issue. Gentrification. This about more than football. This is is about changing the overall make up of the school. I live on a street that was totally occupied byAfrican Americans seven years ago, now I am a minority.

There are four new high schools within a 10 minute drive from my house. This is about changing the face of Third Ward & Riverside Terrace.

The ad is a pain, but if more donations were submitted. Sending my donation today, you got my attention.

Sadly, you're the only one I know that has a clue.

We don't need to play in Houston to recruit in Houston. LOL We get a lot of players from ATL and we haven't played there in years.

It ain’t the same and you know it. ATL isn’t in our footprint and they’ll go anywhere cause there are no D1 FCS schools in the state after July 1

I’ve seen damn near the whole admin staff in town when certain teams play in Houston. Lol ain’t nothing wrong with hanging at Pappadeauxs and staying at the Sheraton Suites off 610 in the Galleria. It’s cool to be in Houston.

Yep. I was out there yesterday off Prosper and Sampson and joking with the owner of the home about their neighbors and they said it ain’t a joke, it’s real.

If they can go back in time TSU would be placed in Cleveland, TX lol and Howard in rural Maryland if folks could forecast real estate prices and location.

It ain’t the same and you know it. ATL isn’t in our footprint and they’ll go anywhere cause there are no D1 FCS schools in the state after July 1

I’ve seen damn near the whole admin staff in town when certain teams play in Houston. Lol ain’t nothing wrong with hanging at Pappadeauxs and staying at the Sheraton Suites off 610 in the Galleria. It’s cool to be in Houston.

Yep. I was out there yesterday off Prosper and Sampson and joking with the owner of the home about their neighbors and they said it ain’t a joke, it’s real.

If they can go back in time TSU would be placed in Cleveland, TX lol and Howard in rural Maryland if folks could forecast real estate prices and location.

J4L is right....Southern & LSU look at Texas, particularly that East Texas to Houston area as a required recruiting area whether they play there or not.

Your folks who like to hob nob in Houston and front at Pappadeauxs for the weekend would want to. The SU-TSU game has always been more attractive than the PV-SU game for whatever reason. The data proves it.

Plus you have a chance at a OOC win.

Dude we got so many SU alums in Houston and SU alum family members, we don't need a game to hobnob in front of Pappadeaux's. LOL. That shit happens year round. We do have our annual Crawfish Boil that brings people to town.

BTW, the PV game has gotten more attractive to SU folks now that yall got a nice stadium and been competitive.

J4L is right....Southern & LSU look at Texas, particularly that East Texas to Houston area as a required recruiting area whether they play there or not.
Dude we got so many SU alums in Houston and SU alum family members, we don't need a game to hobnob in front of Pappadeaux's. LOL. That shit happens year round. We do have our annual Crawfish Boil that brings people to town.

BTW, the PV game has gotten more attractive to SU folks now that yall got a nice stadium and been competitive.

Tsu game still has more appeal cause it’s in Houston. Traditionally it was played later in the year in November. That game was the highest attended in the old Robertson Stadium.

Y’all be in pappadeauxs frontin to your Louisiana cousins lol.

In short, "the white folks are taking over", is what I'm hearing.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
We don't need to play in Houston to recruit in Houston. LOL We get a lot of players from ATL and we haven't played there in years.
Exactly got players from North Carolina and Florida and I don't recall a single SU game being played in either state in a while. lol

Never seen so much effort to downplay the Houston area just to feel "right" about something. Excellent trolling PV...excellent...

Tsu game still has more appeal cause it’s in Houston. Traditionally it was played later in the year in November. That game was the highest attended in the old Robertson Stadium.

Y’all be in pappadeauxs frontin to your Louisiana cousins lol.
We all ways played Southern as the first game of the season.

Reactions: JR

We can play in Prairie View and get the same effect. LOL (PV still ain't in Houston, BTW)

Back