stu looking to leave SWAC for Southland?

I mean asides from being an HBCU I don't see why it would be a terrible move for them. 6 schools already in the same state, no need to travel to Mississippi or Alabama anymore. Conference ranked 6th last year where as the swac ranked 13th. Really only downside would be attendance. Keep the PV game as the labor day classic and aside from when Southern, JSU or maybe Grambling come to town do they really even lose much attendance? And it's not like they couldnt schedule SU or JSU as OOC games. IJS. Isn't like there would be a ton of downside to it. I mean hell from what I see the game against Houston Baptist outdrew the games against Alcorn, AAMU, UAPB, Valley, Bama State..looks like the year they played SHSU that game outdrew AAMU, UAPB, Grambling and Valley. For the most part, people show up for the Southern game and the JSU game other than that it's a wash.

I mean asides from being an HBCU I don't see why it would be a terrible move for them. 6 schools already in the same state, no need to travel to Mississippi or Alabama anymore. Conference ranked 6th last year where as the swac ranked 13th. Really only downside would be attendance. Keep the PV game as the labor day classic and aside from when Southern, JSU or maybe Grambling come to town do they really even lose much attendance? And it's not like they couldnt schedule SU or JSU as OOC games. IJS. Isn't like there would be a ton of downside to it. I mean hell from what I see the game against Houston Baptist outdrew the games against Alcorn, AAMU, UAPB, Valley, Bama State..looks like the year they played SHSU that game outdrew AAMU, UAPB, Grambling and Valley. For the most part, people show up for the Southern game and the JSU game other than that it's a wash.

The first post that makes any sense.

You need to clear your post with someone from PV....LOL

I know he better stop editing my thread..... That's exactly what their logo says "stu"
and that dam home depot ad over there is getting on my nerves ---->

I know he better stop editing my thread..... That's exactly what their logo says "stu"

So unethical.... I bet he was chairman of the committee that brought Cole Blooded football to sTu.....LOL

Kneegrow, I know you ain't getting all hyper-sensitive about thread editing. You have a long history of editing my shit. This is the sports board...remember? Smack is not allowed.

And since we are fact checking, their logo says "sTu." The "T" is capitalized. So put some respeck on TSU's logo gott dammit!

We would no longer play TSU. Why would we.

Your folks who like to hob nob in Houston and front at Pappadeauxs for the weekend would want to. The SU-TSU game has always been more attractive than the PV-SU game for whatever reason. The data proves it.

Plus you have a chance at a OOC win.

We'll see how the experiment at the Tx State Fair pair out after this year.
(there go that dam Home Depot Ad again. Can't hit reply simce it's blocking that whole area, got to refresh my screen to get rid of it).

i doubt it's true. Attendance will suffer drastically .... nobody cares about Southland schools. The SWAC is more relevant, draw bigger crowds and gets better national coverage. We just need to do better with recruiting and coaching in football and volleyball ... our worst "popular" sports

Do you feel that the SWAC a better conference? Just asking.

Your folks who like to hob nob in Houston and front at Pappadeauxs for the weekend would want to. The SU-TSU game has always been more attractive than the PV-SU game for whatever reason. The data proves it.

Plus you have a chance at a OOC win.

Back in the day when I was a student and a little after (lol), Texas Southern/Houston was one of the games we would like to make. S.U. would either play them at U of H or Rice Stadium and had some pretty nice crowds. That was always a good time weekend.....great memories....LOL Times have changed though....I'd prefer seeing a PV vs S.U. game now any old day. PV football program is just more competitive these days. I always believed that sTu is a sleeping giant that never woke up (lol). One of these days, they are going to get a coach(s) that can mine Texas, sell sTu and will be pure hell. Until then, we will continue to kick the gray stray kittens to sleep while their down....LOL

Never is the "crabs in a barrel" theory on full display quite like when rumors of a SWAC or MEAC school leaving the conference is addressed.

And I mean never. Lol

Never is the "crabs in a barrel" theory on full display quite like when rumors of a SWAC or MEAC school leaving the conference is addressed.

And I mean never. Lol

So you are saying the SWAC and MEAC Conferences are the barrels that are holding us back??? I guess your solution is to remove or destroy the entire barrel. LOL!!!

Kneegrow, I know you ain't getting all hyper-sensitive about thread editing. You have a long history of editing my shit. This is the sports board...remember? Smack is not allowed.

And since we are fact checking, their logo says "sTu." The "T" is capitalized. So put some respeck on TSU's logo gott dammit!

Kenn, you need to block him. Our short name is sTu but he's being an ass hole about it. 😂

I remember when people were saying the same thing about Ta&m changing conferences without Texas. One has false delusions of grandeur (pv) you know tsu don't give a fudge about pv.

Bad analogy,lol. Tsu is definitely ALOT like aTm and I've been saying this for years. Obsessed with PV the same way aTm is with Texas. Smaller brand throughout Texas. Games with both traditionally take a backseat to much bigger games that just so happen to both take place in the cottonbowl etc. Both are maroon,lol. I'm just calling a spade a spade. Tsu will not leave the swac unless PV goes. Good luck though. Considering the schools the Southland has been taking in lately, Tsu would be an upgrade and that's saying something

Bad analogy,lol. Tsu is definitely ALOT like aTm and I've been saying this for years. Obsessed with PV the same way aTm is with Texas. Smaller brand throughout Texas. Games with both traditionally take a backseat to much bigger games that just so happen to both take place in the cottonbowl etc. Both are maroon,lol. I'm just calling a spade a spade. Tsu will not leave the swac unless PV goes. Good luck though. Considering the schools the Southland has been taking in lately, Tsu would be an upgrade and that's saying something
Delusional, pv WAAAaaaaaayyyy more worried about tsu than tsu is about pv.

Delusional, pv WAAAaaaaaayyyy more worried about tsu than tsu is about pv.

giphy.gif

Back