stu looking to leave SWAC for Southland?

The only advantage I can see for sTu moving to the Southland is no more mandatory trips to Mississippi or Alabaman. sTu have a similar football fan base as the Southland in terms of numbers/attendance. Perhaps we can get TNST (travel beneficial to AAMU) or FAMU (travel beneficial to Bama State) to replace them if it happens. I guess Southern University's baseball team is making them cut and run to another conference.....LOL

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Haven't this rumor been circulated with just about every school in the SWAC at one time or another? Jackson State might leave, Southern might leave, Grambling might leave, blah, blah, blah. What ever!!!!!

The Sun Belt Conference called us last week. We called the phone company and put them on Call Block. We got unfinished business in the SWAC.....LOL. The only other rumor I heard was some years ago when Jackson State was planning to go to Conference USA. I don't know the current status of that move (along with construction of their dome)....LOL

Anything can happen!

True.....You really can't predict what a school will do that plays football in an orange soccer stadium.....LOL Plus they're in the Houston market and I'm sure a lot of these small time conferences would like to get their grimy hands on that....LOL

Since Hampton left the MEAC, I would not be shocked to see a SWAC school leave in the near future

True.....You really can't predict what a school will do that plays football in an orange soccer stadium.....LOL Plus they're in the Houston market and I'm sure a lot of these small time conferences would like to get their grimy hands on that....LOL

Oh. What ever!!!! :mad:

Oh. What ever!!!! :mad:

If the truth be told, PV stole sTu shine in NCAA basketball and S.U. sadistically yanked sTu baseball crown en-route to taking it back to the bluff where it has resided most of SWAC baseball history. Man you guys must feel like an athletic department junkie that needs rehab but no place want to admit you for whatever reason......LOL I don't think the Southland Conference is the solution. They will save you traveling expenses but treat you guys like they are rogue cops (all money is not good money).....LOL

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
i doubt it's true. Attendance will suffer drastically .... nobody cares about Southland schools. The SWAC is more relevant, draw bigger crowds and gets better national coverage. We just need to do better with recruiting and coaching in football and volleyball ... our worst "popular" sports

The Southland already has a Houston school: Houston Baptist

Besides, 99.9998% of you have no earthly clue of what you're talking about. 😄

Last edited:
If we really wanted to leave for the Southland, the time to do so would have been earlier in the decade when they were looking to expand.

Haven't this rumor been circulated with just about every school in the SWAC at one time or another?

That's because just about every SWAC school has done their research regarding a possible move to another conference. It doesn't mean they're actively planning to move, but an AD would have to have information available just in case.

The Sun Belt Conference called us last week. We called the phone company and put them on Call Block. We got unfinished business in the SWAC.....LOL. The only other rumor I heard was some years ago when Jackson State was planning to go to Conference USA. I don't know the current status of that move (along with construction of their dome)....LOL

how you put a pay phone on call block? LMAO!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back