Stevie Wonder - So What's THe Fuss

MACKG

a.k.a. NASTYNUPE
Have you all heard this new song from Stevie? It features Prince on guitar and EnVogue on background vocals. I really like the song. It's funky!!! It's a really funky song!!!

Not yet.

I hadn't heard anything from Stevie's new one yet, but THAT song sounds as if it's tight!

I was gonna just wait and get the cd next month, but now I may have to actually listen out for this one. :)

The only song I've heard from Stevie is "Shame." It's alright, and actually it grew on me, but, I haven't heard the one you're speaking of. This song was produced by Mario Winans.

NICE

enswaclopedia said:
It's Bullschit.

:lol:

I haven't heard "So What's The Fuss", but I must agree with enswaclopedia that "Shame On Me", (or whatever it's called) is pure bull****, and Stevie Wonder should be ashamed to put his name on it.

For the record, I am a HUGE Stevie Wonder fan.

I have 20 cd's by Stevie. But the last few studio albums that he has released have left much to be desired. But being the Stevie fan that I am, I will still buy his new one when it is released. Hopefully, the rest of the cd will be better than the first single.

Deuce said:
:lol:

I haven't heard "So What's The Fuss", but I must agree with enswaclopedia that "Shame On Me", (or whatever it's called) is pure bull****, and Stevie Wonder should be ashamed to put his name on it.

It's the same song.......

The song is OK, but it's not some of Stevies best work.....
Seems like some of the lyrics don't fit the melody...like he is
trying to say to much on some lines....

Deuce said:
Stevie Wonder should be ashamed to put his name on it.

Co-sign. Maybe it was intentional to stir up some buzz but "What's the Fuss" sounds too close to WTF and Stevie....you're waaaaayyyy better than this. :shame:

It pains me to say this about a guy who was rightly regarded as a genius in the 1970s, but Stevie's new one is just not all that impressive. Worse, it's the latest in the long line of songs and then albums that are not all that impressive.

I don't now how the guy who grooved me with sharp syncopation of "Sir Duke," who made me smile with childlike joy of "Isn't She Lovely?," and who shattered me with the brutal truths of "Living for the City" could put out something so plainly awful as "I Just Called To Say I Love You." I never will.

And it never got all that much better.

I love him. But never listen to anything past "Master Blaster." Well, except for "Overjoyed" - a great, sweet love song.

I concur with lightingbug........On another note check George Duke new cd it's excellent also Jonathan Butler new one also both are great

Stevie needs to put down the laptop, and pick up the harmonica. In other words, he needs to go back to his roots.

Enough with this electro-babble masquerading as music. Technology is great - to a point, but Stevie's music lately sounds like somthing coming out of a video game. Its cold, lifeless, shallow, and extremely uninspired.

I would have loved to hear Stevie do something like "Ordinary People" by John Legend. Legend sounds more like some good old Stevie, than Stevie does.

MACBFAC said:
I concur with lightingbug........On another note check George Duke new cd it's excellent also Jonathan Butler new one also both are great

I saw Jonathan's CD yesterday and wondered if I should get it. Haven't listened to his stuff in a minute.

That Stevie song just doesn't flow with the Stevie we all know and love. It's somewhat catchy, but that doesn't mean it's good. Poor Stevie, just not as good as he once was. Wonder what's up? Get it?...WONDER what's up? :lol: Ok, never mind. :D

Jag-Tig said:
I saw Jonathan's CD yesterday and wondered if I should get it. Haven't listened to his stuff in a minute.

That Stevie song just doesn't flow with the Stevie we all know and love. It's somewhat catchy, but that doesn't mean it's good. Poor Stevie, just not as good as he once was. Wonder what's up? Get it?...WONDER what's up? :lol: Ok, never mind. :D
The problem with Stevie and other artist is that they are trying to appeal to the 20 something crowd. It really doesen't take much to please them so you end up with "Shame On You."

enswaclopedia said:
The problem with Stevie and other artist is that they are trying to appeal to the 20 something crowd. It really doesen't take much to please them so you end up with "Shame On You."

What chu talkin' 'bout? We don't like that song either!

The music is still pretty funky. Good to hear Prince chopping some lics on the guitar. The lyrical style is the same that Stevie has been doing for the past couple of years. Have you actually listened to the lyrics? If not, then Shame On You It's a lot better than the re-sampled kiddy pop R&B that's plaguing the airwaves these days.

The song is brilliant. It's un-sampled. Stevie and Prince are innovators of Neo-Sould, Funk AND YES Hip-hop. This song is simply schooling those who can't walk the line of originality without holding the hands of the pioneers.

I used to work with Henry Panion, who conducts Stevie's orchestra (you can hear some of Panion's work in Natural Wonder and Conversation Piece) from what he has told me of how Stevie is and from what I have seen at his concert, the song is signature Stevie when he's being a little playful.

Some one mentioned how they would have loved to hear Stevie do a song like Ordinary People. WT Fuss? The song sounds like something Stevie wrote.
Musiq Soulchild's inspiration is Stevie Wonder...listen real close y'all. Alicia Keys' favorite artist and inspiration is Prince.

I'm wowed that a lot of you don't like it. "So What The Fuss" does sound like he's cursing a little but that's just Stevie being sneaky and playful. Parliament used to do it to you in your eardrums and give you an "eargasm" cause they knew they could funk you up with the right funk, uncut funk, the BOMB. he he.

Songs that prove my point:

As (Stevie Wonder, Songs In the Key Of Life)
Black Man (Stevie Wonder, Songs In the Key Of Life)
How Come You Don't Call Me Anymore (Prince Hits/B-Sides)
All The Crictics Love You In New York (Prince 1999)

Anyway, I say thumbs up Stevie, I didn't think he would come back this strong. Be funny if we hear it in the stands this year. :scared:

I like the song, but it's only been playing on the airwaves here, for a couple of months. :rolleyes:

You've gotta change the station to be able to hear that type of music, NN.

Back