Stephanie Mills say Black R&B artist have been pushed out

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
British R & B is the only decent R&B.

The US R & B has been corrupted by hip hop / rap.
Decent R&B exists in a genre known as NeoSoul. We don't hear it own mainstream radio because many of these good artists are on independent labels and alternative streaming sites. Believe me, good R&B music is out there. Look up:

Thundercat
Moonchild
Dwele
The Foreign Exchange
The Internet
Eric Roberson

(these a just a few that come to mind)

...even older artists that were once on major labels have gone independent with solid material:

Glenn Lewis (featured on the Playlist Retreat)
Renee Nuefville (formerly of Zhane)

yeah, good R&B is out there...search FB Music groups, streaming sites, and so on...just know you will not hear the best music on mainstream radio or them sirius/xm stations. Those days are gone....

Last edited:
Decent R&B exists in a genre known as NeoSoul. We don't hear it own mainstream radio because many of these good artists are on independent labels and alternative streaming sites. Believe me, good R&B music is out there. Look up:

Thundercat
Moonchild
Dwele
The Foreign Exchange
The Internet
Eric Roberson

these a just a few that come to mind)

...even older artists that were once on major labels have gone independent with solid material:

Glenn Lewis (featured on the Playlist Retreat)
Renee Nuefville (formerly of Zhane)

yeah, good R&B is out there...search FB Music groups, streaming sites, and so on...just know you will not hear the best music on mainstream radio or them sirius/xm stations. Those days are gone....

BBD dropped an album this year that sold around 20,000 first week I believe thanks to the BET special.

What she said is right. Plus when you have black people like Timbaland cosigning Justin Timberlake over black artists or Tank saying that white artists do it better than black artists then it only adds to the problem

Much like rap, black R&B artists will have to go the indy route via CDBaby, Distrokid (Luda dropped a single with them earlier this year. 21 Savage is the biggest name young act with them) or Mondotunes and take back control. Chance The Rapper showed that it can be done

Back