STATIONARY BIKE vs WALKING

Donald K. Willi

Hey guys,

Which exercise is better for you:using my stationary bike x 5 days vs walking x 5 days per week? The bike seems the hardest to me because I can't bike as long as I can walk.

Stationary bikes are good, but they don't necessarily give you a whole body workout as walking would. It is a really good workout for your legs and does get your heart going. However, walking encompasses both your legs and arms, if you so choose. Basically, you can get the same type of workout with walking and burn more calories.

Remember, it is not about the length of time that you are exercising, but the energy you that you put into it. Time means nothing if you aren't pushing yourself.

Plus bike riding is not going to train the mini muscles which account for balance. Walking is a movement with lots of elements. I say if you are in reasonable health, with no issues preventing you from walking.. go walking. You should however keep a good pace when walking. If you can sing your favorite song while you are walking, you are not pushing hard enough.

Back