Star Wars III

Thanks for the info Venom.

BE, you hit the nail on the head bruh. Sidious had all of them fooled, including the wisest of all Jedi Yoda. None of them saw him coming, after some time they knew something wasn't right with him, but then it was too late.

Another thing that's missing is Anakin's convesion didn't just happen, it took a lot of time, and planning on Sidious' part. He gained Anakin's loyalty, trust, and friendship and once Sidious felt he had Anakin's confidence he then made his move.

He tested Anakin when he ordered him to kill Duku, and after Anakin did it reluctantly he knew he had his man. The plan was put in motion, and the final straw was Sidious playing on Anakin's loyalty to him, by suggesting the Jedi may ask him to spy on him, and when Anakin betrayed the Jedi and confirmed it, it was all over.

Those seeds had been planted over a period of time, and Sidious just pushed the right buttons to recieve the fruit he'd been planning.

NICE

Man that movie was great. That dayum Sidious is a devious mofo. Even after converting Annakin, he still was planting seeds, making him even more angry when he told him that he had even killed the one person that he loved. That was beyond sinister. Funny thing is that he really did kill her, just not in the manner that he thought. He did all that he did, turning to the dark side, etc., to save his wife, but by turning, he actually killed her. That's irony.

One thing I did like was all the forshadowing to the later movies. The fact that Padme said he still has some good in him before she died, and Obi wan telling Annikin before he walked away that he was the chosen one, the one that is supposed to end the sith reign.......which eventually he does.

Personally, I thought the movie sucked big time, but hey, I'm not a Star Wars fan, at all. :tdown:

Dr. Mac said:
If Lucas decides to make another movie or turn over the franchise to someone else, I would like to see them do it on the "New Jedi Order" series. This was a popular storyline that was written in a combination of hardcover books and paperbacks. It featured Leia and Hans children, Jacen, Jania, and, yep, one named Anakin. Han, Luke, Leia, and the others were all featured and involved but the story revolved around the kids.

Chewbaca was killed off in an heroic act to save a life in first book in the series. Its a good read for those of you who are interested. You can still find them around at most bookstores or half-price book kinds of outlets. The first in the series was called "Vector Prime" and was written by R. A. Salvatore. Other books in the series were written by other authors.

Regards.

I recall hearing about these stories a little while ago. These are episodes 7, 8, and 9, right? I also understand that both Anikan and Luke were cloned by some evil entity in an effort to see a prophecy (of father and son ruling the universe) realized.

The irony is that episoide 7 is supposedly set some 20 or so years after "Return of the Jedi" which would place Ford, Hamil, and Fischer at the right ages to reprise the roles.

HBCUs said:
I recall hearing about these stories a little while ago. These are episodes 7, 8, and 9, right? I also understand that both Anikan and Luke were cloned by some evil entity in an effort to see a prophecy (of father and son ruling the universe) realized.

The irony is that episoide 7 is supposedly set some 20 or so years after "Return of the Jedi" which would place Ford, Hamil, and Fischer at the right ages to reprise the roles.

More like episodes 13, 14, 15....:lol:. There were a lot of stories between the time of Return of the Jedi and the New Jedi Order. These included Luke going over to the dark side (talked about in other post Star War VI stories but never actually published - Lucas wouldn't let them write it: makes you wonder, doesn't it), The cloning of the Emperor, Leia courtship, Leia and Hans marriage, The rise of the Empire again - this time lead by an Admiral, and a host of other stories.

There is more than enough written post-Epidose VI material and books to keep the franchise going if they care to.

Regards.

You would be better off, if you download the movie from the internet.

Star Wars III was a piece of steaming sh!t on a cold day.

Dr. Mac said:
If Lucas decides to make another movie or turn over the franchise to someone else, I would like to see them do it on the "New Jedi Order" series. This was a popular storyline that was written in a combination of hardcover books and paperbacks. It featured Leia and Hans children, Jacen, Jania, and, yep, one named Anakin. Han, Luke, Leia, and the others were all featured and involved but the story revolved around the kids.

Chewbaca was killed off in an heroic act to save a life in first book in the series. Its a good read for those of you who are interested. You can still find them around at most bookstores or half-price book kinds of outlets. The first in the series was called "Vector Prime" and was written by R. A. Salvatore. Other books in the series were written by other authors.

Regards.
Have you read the series? I'm 85% of the way thru it. I'm hooked! They're expanding the concept of "The Force"! :eek: That alone makes me want to finish the "New Jedi Order" series. :tup:

xugrad92 said:
Have you read the series? I'm 85% of the way thru it. I'm hooked! They're expanding the concept of "The Force"! :eek: That alone makes me want to finish the "New Jedi Order" series. :tup:

Yes, I've read the whole thing. Enjoy; it doesn't disappoint.

Regards.

Back