Star Wars Fans

cat daddy

Star Wars Trilogy DVD Story

Lucasfilm has revealed the artwork for the Star Wars Trilogy release on DVD September 21. The two-sided package features elegant, embossed cover art, either rendered in platinum for the Widescreen editions, or in gold for the Full Screen versions.

Star Wars DVD Set is the most requested Set Ever

All of the unforgettable heroism, villainy and epic adventure of George Lucas's Star Wars trilogy comes to the ultimate home-entertainment format for the very first time around the world this September from Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, ending the wait for the most-anticipated DVD release ever. The four-disc collection will be released on Sept. 21 in the U.S. and Canada, with international release dates following closely.

"We know how long fans have waited for this release and how much they have been looking forward to it, so everyone has been working overtime to make sure that the 'Star Wars Trilogy' on DVD is an awesome experience," said Jim Ward, Vice President of Marketing and Distribution for Lucasfilm Ltd. and the DVD collection's Executive Producer.

The Star Wars Trilogy tops the list of "cinephiles' most-requested titles never released on the format," according to a May 2003 E! Online report. Further, the three Star Wars Trilogy films -- Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi -- also hold the top three spots on Amazon.com's "most-requested DVDs" list.

Full Story Here

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Man I can't wait for this one to drop. Last year I went to every store on the planet that sells DVDs looking for the trilogy on DVD. Nobody had any of the trilogy on DVD and nobody could tell me where to find it. Somebody at Best Buy told me they didn't think it was on DVD, and I dismissed that as crazy. Then I did an internet search only to discover that they weren't on DVD.

I'm ready for this.

now that they have delayed gratification JUST long enough...

...look for sales to go through the roof

Robber said:
Man I can't wait for this one to drop. Last year I went to every store on the planet that sells DVDs looking for the trilogy on DVD. Nobody had any of the trilogy on DVD and nobody could tell me where to find it. Somebody at Best Buy told me they didn't think it was on DVD, and I dismissed that as crazy. Then I did an internet search only to discover that they weren't on DVD.

I'm ready for this.

I'll be right there in line with you robber.

Hassan, it will break all records for DVD sales. It will set the bar for all other productions to shoot for.

When is the final movie coming out in theaters? I was thinking about that a couple days ago.

I will be in Wal-mart with card in hand. :D

Oh to find a foine woman who likes movies like Star Wars.....get some intelligent se....err....loving going on in the theatre. :ebrow: :love:

Blacknbengal said:
When is the final movie coming out in theaters? I was thinking about that a couple days ago.

I will be in Wal-mart with card in hand. :D
Opps, I was going to say next month but that was Harry Potter's trailer I saw.

Sorry....

The first movie I ever saw in the theater was Return of the Jedi. I remember it like yesterday -- Delmont Village -- Plank Road.

They do not make'em like this anyone. I will be one of the fanatics.

GSUperTiger said:
I will be one of the fanatics.

Although I have this on tape, ain't nothing like watching it on DVD wide screen. I have my Best Buy Reward points ready to go purchase this DVD package. $42.99 aint bad for 3 movies and a bonus 4th DVD with all the extras on it.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Fiyah said:
Although I have this on tape, ain't nothing like watching it on DVD wide screen. I have my Best Buy Reward points ready to go purchase this DVD package. $42.99 aint bad for 3 movies and a bonus 4th DVD with all the extras on it.
I got my reward zone points coupon in my back pocket... I can not wait until 6pm......

I am ready...

LUKE, I'M YOUR FATHER....

Fiyah said:

Just picked up my copy from Circuit City. The had it for 44.99. The distance to Best Buy from my house was not worth the drive to save 2 bucks.

I'll be having a star wars marathon tonight.

We've got a Fry's out here & they're selling it for for $36.99. I went and got mines during lunch! :nod:

Back