Spurrier to S. Carolina ! ? ! ? ! ? ! ?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Here's another article.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1925598

If this is true, then this is HUGE. Can you imagine what the Gator Nation is saying about this? Florida's AD, Jeremy Foley, and their new president are gonna be in a lot of hot water if they don't get a big name coach, after letting Spurrier get away.

The word is, that Spurrier wanted to go back to Florida but the new president (who came to Florida from Utah) wanted Spurrier to apply for the job, and go through the same interview process as any other Joe Blow coach would have to do. So Spurrier said "thanks, but no thanks".

Now it appears likely that the president will go after Urban Meyer, whom he hired while at Utah. Meyer is hot right now, and has Utah undefeated and possibly headed for a BCS bowl, but is he a Steve Spurrier? The AD and the President had better hope he is.

I talked to the Ol Ball Coach just yestiddy.... He told me he was coming to J-State next season to be the Head Coach..... :tup:

I guess him was lying, huh?? :smh:

:dude:

JSU/99 said:
Spurrier is good for SC, but not Florida. Florida is better off with Urban Meyer.

Co-Sign. The best thing that happened to Florida was him not coming back. Urban Meyer will be a breath of fresh air them. Either they go after him or the Bobby Petrino of Louisville.

Plus, Spurrier would have been constantly coaching against himself and his own legacy. The Florida fans would expect him to win the National Championship dayumm near every year.

I got a glimpse of the Gator mentality when I went to the game in 2000 where Mississppi state beat them 47-35.

Most of the Florida fans were like......"Oh well the season is over...we won't win a national championship now".

Now this is after one loss....no wonder they called for Ron Zook's head every other week.

He shouldn't come to texas because he wouldn't last w/ the alumni who have a lot of $$$ and pull indicating that they prefer the "black" athletic guy @ QB. :| That's the first rule of Spurrerism: No black QB. :tup: :shame:

Spurrier not recruiting black QB's is more of a perception thing than actual fact. He recruited Anquan Bolden very hard and also recruited Gavin Dickey from Tallahassee Lincoln and he's at UF right now. I think a lot of guys hear that Spurrier isn't big on black QB's and perceive it to be true without finding out. Dickey, who was being recruited exclusively by Spurrier (as he was one of his top priorities) even said that he had heard about the Spurrier stigma, but was confident that after actually talking to Spurrier that it wasn't true. He was one of Spurriers recruits that signed even after Spurrier departed for the NFL.

CO-SIGN Panthro's comment!!!

Spurrier recruited a number of black qb's, but most of the time, they ended up being wide receivers, tailbacks, or d.b's. How many black q.b.'s started or even played at qb while Spurrier was the head coach.

Jaguar94 said:
CO-SIGN Panthro's comment!!!

Spurrier recruited a number of black qb's, but most of the time, they ended up being wide receivers, tailbacks, or d.b's. How many black q.b.'s started or even played at qb while Spurrier was the head coach.
Hmmm........interesting.

Back