Spring 2020 Traveling/ overall procedure

tony11

How will traveling go band wise? Bands can't social distance in stands. Also how will these crowds look?? And will covid impact the size of bands?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Idk about college, but at the moment, the season is going on as planned in GA. For the district I work in, bands may only go to home games & not away games. I assume they’ll have us make the kids sit with some space in between them, wear face covers when not playing and do the proper temperature checks & pre screening questions.

Hopefully for the SWAC, a vaccine is available by the time they start football in the spring.

The virus should be much more under control by then. We been on watch from mid February to now. which a little over 6 months. Look at how much more we know about the virus now. What we learn now should be exponential and then factor in the faster testing a vaccine. The spring should be damn near business as usual.

The virus should be much more under control by then. We been on watch from mid February to now. which a little over 6 months. Look at how much more we know about the virus now. What we learn now should be exponential and then factor in the faster testing a vaccine. The spring should be damn near business as usual.

Nope, not happening...

I don't know why some of y'all are thinking that vaccine is going to be some magic pill that immediately restores normalcy. No one is going to be lining up to take that vaccine with all the corners that have been cut.

Yall can be "un-normal" all you want. However, the world is not gonna wait for yall. Im one of the people who dont leave my house except for a grocery store run every two weeks but I talk to people every day living life damn near like its nothing going on... Black Democrats too (I had to throw that in there...lol) So you think after 8 months and mofos all over the place, going on trips,etc... that its gonna be the same in March? Nah...

Yall can be "un-normal" all you want. However, the world is not gonna wait for yall. Im one of the people who dont leave my house except for a grocery store run every two weeks but I talk to people every day living life damn near like its nothing going on... Black Democrats too (I had to throw that in there...lol) So you think after 8 months and mofos all over the place, going on trips,etc... that its gonna be the same in March? Nah...
Im a Black Democrat.... and I couldn't do that bubble shit... it was driving me crazy. I wear a mask... but im not sitting up in my house all day every day.... I already work from home (been doing it for about the last 4 years).... so I CANT be here all day.

Im a Black Democrat.... and I couldn't do that bubble shit... it was driving me crazy. I wear a mask... but im not sitting up in my house all day every day.... I already work from home (been doing it for about the last 4 years).... so I CANT be here all day.
I've been fishing so much my deep freezer is full. I can't sit in the house. It drives me nuts.

I don’t see things being “normal” for a long time.
My guess is by mid 2021 (early or late summer) but almost certain by fall 2021.

My guess is by mid 2021 (early or late summer) but almost certain by fall 2021.

It won't happen under this administration. They are too busy trying to save the economy and save face. And if they get elected out of office, we'll have to wait after January 2021 for the next administration to start doing something. It's not like they can wave a magic wand and everything is back to normal. With the number of people affected, it would take a while for the virus to completely filter out of the country's system, which is similar to flushing clean a contaminated groundwater aquifier.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
So I have to be missing a very obvious point in some of the covid band rules: No visiting band (due to bus social distancing I can see that one, unfortunately-but what about "Classics"?), home bands can come into the game, play in the stands BUT no field shows? Help me with that one - it's ok for the football teams to have contact on every play - but bands can't march on the field for 7 minutes and they can actually social distance on the field better than the football teams? What is it that I am missing on this one? And I am not a band head either lol. But I have been to a game already in person and the home band took up the entire endzone and played in the stands the entire game...I have read the rules for the SEC and they are going to be the same thing, so what gives?

Back